Author Topic: post a joke  (Read 8956 times)

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: post a joke
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2013, 10:08:20 AM »
Dear Maid,

Please do not leave any more of those little bars of soap in my bathroom since I have brought my own bath-sized Dial. Please remove the six unopened little bars from the shelf under the medicine chest and another three in the shower soap dish. They are in my way.

Thank you,

S. Berman
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Room 635,

I am not your regular maid. She will be back tomorrow, Thursday, from her day off. I took the 3 hotel soaps out of the shower soap dish as you requested. The 6 bars on your shelf I took out of your way and put on top of your Kleenex dispenser in case you should change your mind. This leaves only the 3 bars I left today which my instructions from the management is to leave 3 soaps daily. I hope this is satisfactory.

Kathy, Relief Maid
Dear Maid -- I hope you are my regular maid.

Apparently Kathy did not tell you about my note to her concerning the little bars of soap. When I got back to my room this evening I found you had added 3 little Camays to the shelf under my medicine cabinet. I am going to be here in the hotel for two weeks and have brought my own bath-size Dial so I won't need those 6 little Camays which are on the shelf. They are in my way when shaving, brushing teeth, etc. Please remove them.

S. Berman
Dear Mr. Berman,

My day off was last Wed. so the relief maid left 3 hotel soaps which we are instructed by the management. I took the 6 soaps which were in your way on the shelf and put them in the soap dish where your Dial was. I put the Dial in the medicine cabinet for your convenience. I didn't remove the 3 complimentary soaps which are always placed inside the medicine cabinet for all new check-ins and which you did not object to when you checked in last Monday. Please let me know if I can of further assistance.

Your regular maid,

Dotty
Dear Mr. Berman,
The assistant manager, Mr. Kensedder, informed me this A.M. that you called him last evening and said you were unhappy with your maid service. I have assigned a new girl to your room. I hope you will accept my apologies for any past inconvenience. If you have any future complaints please contact me so I can give it my personal attention. Call extension 1108 between 8AM and 5PM. Thank you.

Elaine Carmen
Housekeeper
Dear Miss Carmen,

It is impossible to contact you by phone since I leave the hotel for business at 745 AM and don't get back before 530 or 6PM. That's the reason I called Mr. Kensedder last night. You were already off duty. I only asked Mr. Kensedder if he could do anything about those little bars of soap. The new maid you assigned me must have thought I was a new check-in today, since she left another 3 bars of hotel soap in my medicine cabinet along with her regular delivery of 3 bars on the bathroom shelf. In just 5 days here I have accumulated 24 little bars of soap. Why are you doing this to me?

S. Berman
Dear Mr. Berman,

Your maid, Kathy, has been instructed to stop delivering soap to your room and remove the extra soaps. If I can be of further assistance, please call extension 1108 between 8AM and 5PM. Thank you,

Elaine Carmen,
Housekeeper
Dear Mr. Kensedder,

My bath-size Dial is missing. Every bar of soap was taken from my room including my own bath-size Dial. I came in late last night and had to call the bellhop to bring me 4 little Cashmere Bouquets.

S. Berman
Dear Mr. Berman,

I have informed our housekeeper, Elaine Carmen, of your soap problem. I cannot understand why there was no soap in your room since our maids are instructed to leave 3 bars of soap each time they service a room. The situation will be rectified immediately. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

Martin L. Kensedder
Assistant Manager
Dear Mrs. Carmen,

Who the heck left 54 little bars of Camay in my room? I came in last night and found 54 little bars of soap. I don't want 54 little bars of Camay. I want my ONE bar of bath-size Dial. Do you realize I have 54 bars of soap in here. All I want is my bath size Dial. Please give me back my bath-size Dial.

S. Berman
Dear Mr. Berman,

You complained of too much soap in your room so I had them removed. Then you complained to Mr. Kensedder that all your soap was missing so I personally returned them. The 24 Camays, which had been taken and the 3 Camays you are supposed to receive daily (sic). I don't know anything about the 4 Cashmere Bouquets. Obviously your maid, Kathy, did not know I had returned your soaps so she also brought 24 Camays plus the 3 daily Camays. I don't know where you got the idea this hotel issues bath-size Dial. I was able to locate some bath-size Ivory, which I left in your room.

Elaine Carmen
Housekeeper
Dear Mrs. Carmen,

Just a short note to bring you up-to-date on my latest soap inventory. As of today I possess:

- On shelf under medicine cabinet - 18 Camay in 4 stacks of 4 and 1 stack of 2.

- On Kleenex dispenser - 11 Camay in 2 stacks of 4 and 1 stack of 3.

- On bedroom dresser - 1 stack of 3 Cashmere Bouquet, 1 stack of 4 hotel-size Ivory, and 8 Camay in 2 stacks of 4.

- Inside medicine cabinet - 14 Camay in 3 stacks of 4 and 1 stack of 2.

- In shower soap dish - 6 Camay, very moist.

- On northeast corner of tub - 1 Cashmere Bouquet, slightly used.

- On northwest corner of tub - 6 Camays in 2 stacks of 3.

Please ask Kathy when she services my room to make sure the stacks are neatly piled and dusted. Also, please advise her that stacks of more than 4 have a tendency to tip. May I suggest that my bedroom window sill is not in use and will make an excellent spot for future soap deliveries. One more item - I have purchased another bar of bath-sized Dial which I am keeping in the hotel vault in order to avoid further misunderstandings.

S. Berman

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2013, 10:14:24 AM »
A four-year-old girl had to have an x-ray taken at the medical office where I worked. She had been in an accident with her bicycle and the doctor was afraid she may have broken her wrist.  The girl, however, was very concerned about the procedure, and no matter how her mother tried to calm her, she kept putting up quite a fuss as we led her into the x-ray facility.  When she came out a few minutes later, however, she was calm and all smiles. "They just took a picture of my bones," she explained to her mother.

"Yes, dear," her mom replied. "I told you it was easy. Did everything go well?"

"Yup. It was great!" the child exclaimed. "I didn't even have to take my skin off or anything!"

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2013, 10:19:08 AM »
Aboard an airline flight from Europe to America, Grandma Bern was taking her very first flight.  They had only been aloft a few minutes when the old lady complained to the stewardess that her ears were popping.  The girl smiled and gave the older woman some chewing gum, assuring her that many people experienced the same discomfort.  When they landed in New York, Grandma thanked the stewardess. "The chewing gum worked fine," she said. "Now that we've arrived, would you tell me, how do I get it out of my ears?"

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2013, 10:38:25 AM »
Once upon a time there was a shepherd tending his sheep at the edge of a country road. A brand new Cadillac Escalade screeches to a halt next to him. The driver, a young man dressed in a Briani suit, Cerutti shoes, Ray-Ban sunglasses, Jovial Swiss wrist watch, and a BHS tie gets out and asks the shepherd, "If I can guess how many sheep you have, will you give me one of them?"

The shepherd looks at the young man, then looks at the sprawling field of sheep and says, "Okay."

The young man parks the SUV, connects his notebook and wireless modem, enters a NASA site, scans the ground using his GPS, opens a database and 60 Excel tables filled with algorithms, then prints a 150 page report on his high tech mini printer. He then turns to the shepherd and says, "You have exactly 1,586 sheep here."

The shepherd answers, "That's correct! You can have your sheep."

The young man takes one of the animals and puts it in the back of his vehicle. The shepherd looks at him and asks, "Now, if I guess your profession, will you pay me back in kind?"

The young man answers, "Sure."

The shepherd says, "You are a consultant."

"Exactly! How did you know?" asks the young man.

"Very simple," answers the shepherd. "First, you came here without being called. Second, you charged me a fee to tell me something I already knew. Third, you don't understand anything about my business and I'd really like to have my dog back."

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2013, 12:18:53 PM »
Couple in their nineties are both having problems remembering things. During a check-up, the doctor tells them that they're physically okay, but they might want to start writing things down to help them remember.  Later that night, while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair. 'Want anything while I'm in the kitchen?' he asks.
'Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?'
'Sure.'
'Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?' she asks.
'No, I can remember it.'
'Well, I'd like some strawberries on top, too. Maybe you should write it down, so as not to forget it?'
He says, 'I can remember that. You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries.'
'I'd also like whipped cream. I'm certain you'll forget that, write it down?' she asks.
Irritated, he says, 'I don't need to write it down, I can remember it! Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream I got it, for goodness sake!'
Then he toddles into the kitchen. After about 20 minutes, the old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs. She stares at the plate for a moment.
'Where's my toast?'

An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen.  The two gentlemen were talking, and one said, 'Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great. I would recommend it very highly.'
The other man said, 'What is the name of the restaurant?'
The first man thought and thought and finally said, 'What’s the name of that flower you give to someone you love? You know, the one that's red and has thorns.'
'Do you mean a rose?'
'Yes, that's the one,' replied the man. He then turned towards the kitchen and yelled, 'Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?'

Hospital regulations require a wheel chair for patients being discharged. However, while working as a student nurse, I found one elderly gentleman already dressed and sitting on the bed with a suitcase at his feet, who insisted he didn't need my help to leave the hospital.  After a chat about rules being rules, he reluctantly let me wheel him to the elevator.  On the way down I asked him if his wife was meeting him.  'I don't know,' he said. 'She's still upstairs in the bathroom changing out of her hospital gown.'

A senior citizen said to his eighty-year old buddy: 'So I hear you're getting married?'
'Yep!'
'Do I know her?'
'Nope!'
'This woman, is she good looking?'
'Not really.'
'Is she a good cook?'
'Naw, she can't cook too well.'
'Does she have lots of money?'
'Nope! Poor as a church mouse.'
'Well, then, is she good in bed?'
'I don't know.'
'Why in the world do you want to marry her then?'
'Because she can still drive!'

A man was telling his neighbour, 'I just bought a new hearing aid. It cost me four thousand dollars, but it's state of the art. It's perfect.'
'Really,' answered the neighbour. 'What kind is it?'
'Twelve thirty..'

Morris, an 82 year-old man, went to the doctor to get a physical.  A few days later, the doctor saw Morris walking down the street with a gorgeous young woman on his arm.  A couple of days later, the doctor spoke to Morris and said, 'You're really doing great, aren't you?'
Morris replied, 'Just doing what you said, Doc: 'Get a hot mamma and be cheerful.''
The doctor said, 'I didn't say that I said, 'You've got a heart murmur; be careful.'

One more!

A little old man shuffled slowly into an ice cream parlour and pulled himself slowly, painfully, up onto a stool.  After catching his breath, he ordered a banana split.  The waitress asked kindly, 'Crushed nuts?'
'No,' he replied, 'Arthritis.'

Now, before you 'forget', send them on to some other folks you know who could use a good laugh!!

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2013, 12:49:52 PM »
ONE WOMAN'S TOP 11 REASONS FOR GOING ON A WOMEN'S RETREAT By Laurie Polich Short

1. I will be around people who use as many words a day as I do.

2. I will be amazingly unconcerned if there are any vegetables left on the plates of those around me.

3. I will not find Legos in my bed or trip on the Hulk when I go to the bathroom.

4. I will always be able to find someone to share a dessert. Or two. Or four. But in the end, each of us will only be having half a dessert.

5. I can keep the temperature as low as I want at night (this is especially beneficial for women over 50).

6. I will not have to explain my moods. And if I want to explain them, people will care.

7. When I share in my small group, no one will be checking scores on their iPhones.

8. No one around me will be afraid to ask directions to the dining hall.

9. I will always have company going to the restroom, and will actually have some of my most meaningful conversations there.

10. I will be able to go into any stall, and all of the toilet seats will be down.

AND finally...

11. Spending time away from the men in my life will help me appreciate them more when I come home. (Even if they turn on the football game when I am halfway through telling them about it.)

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2013, 05:49:56 PM »
Zen Master and the Hot Dog

The Zen Master is visiting New York City from Tibet. He goes up to a hot dog vendor and says, "Make me one with everything."

The hot dog vendor fixes a hot dog and hands it to the Zen Master, who pays with a $20 bill. The vendor puts the bill in the cash box and closes it.  "Where's my change?" asks the Zen Master.

The vendor responds, "Change must come from within."

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2013, 05:02:24 PM »
Kevin walked into a doctor's office and the receptionist asked him what he had. Kevin said: "Shingles."

So she wrote down his name, address, medical insurance number and told him to have a seat.  Fifteen minutes later a nurse's aide came out and asked Kevin what he had. Kevin said, "Shingles."

So she wrote down his height, weight, a complete medical history and told Kevin to wait in the examining room.  A half hour later a nurse came in and asked Kevin what he had. Kevin said, "Shingles."

So the nurse gave Kevin a blood test, a blood pressure test, an electrocardiogram, and told Kevin to take off all his clothes and wait for the doctor.  An hour later the doctor came in and found Kevin sitting patiently in the nude and asked Kevin what he had.  Kevin said, "Shingles."

The doctor asked, "Where?"

Kevin said, "Outside on the truck. Where do you want me to unload 'em?"

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2013, 07:51:33 PM »

WIFE'S DIARY:

Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it. Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn't say much.

I asked him what was wrong; He said, "Nothing..." I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it. On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving. I can't explain his behavior. I don't know why he didn't say, "I love you, too."

When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. He continued to seem distant and absent. Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed. But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else. He fell asleep; I cried. I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.

HUSBAND'S DIARY:

A two-foot putt ... WHO misses a stupid two-foot putt!

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2013, 08:11:44 PM »
I have a friend who filled his car with gas at a self-service gas station.  After he had paid and driven away, he realized that he had left the gas cap on top of his car.  He stopped and looked and, sure enough, it was lost.  Well, he thought for a second and realized that other people must have done the same thing, and that it was worth going back to look by the side of the road since even if he couldn't find his own gas cap, he might be able to find one that fit.  Sure enough, he hadn't been searching long when he found a gas cap.  He tried it on, and it went into place with a satisfying click.  "Great," he thought, "I lost my gas cap, but I found another one that fits. And this one's even better because it locks."

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2013, 03:49:36 PM »
An elderly couple had just learned how to send text messages on their cell phones. The wife was a romantic type and the husband was more of a no-nonsense guy.  One afternoon the wife went out to meet a friend for coffee. As she waited for her friend, she decided to send her husband a romantic text message and she wrote:

"If you are sleeping, send me your dreams.
If you are laughing, send me your smile.
If you are eating, send me a bite.
If you are drinking, send me a sip.
If you are crying, send me your tears.
I love you."

The husband texted back to her:  I'm on the toilet. Please advise."

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2013, 08:52:47 PM »
A cowboy from Texas walked into a bank in New York City and asked for the loan officer. He told the loan officer that he was going home to Texas for two weeks and needed to borrow $5,000 and that he was not a depositor of the bank.  The bank officer told him that the bank would need some form of security for the loan, so the cowboy handed over the keys to a brand new Ford F-250 King Ranch. The truck was parked on the street in front of the bank. The old cowboy produced the title and everything checked out.  The loan officer agreed to hold the car as collateral for the loan and apologized for having to charge 12% interest.  Later, the bank's president and its officers all enjoyed a good laugh at the cowboy from the south for using a $85,000 pickup truck as collateral for a $5,000 loan. An employee of the bank then drove the truck into the bank's private underground garage and safely parked it.  Two weeks later, the old cowboy returned, repaid the $5,000 and the interest of $23.07, and took the keys to his truck.  The loan officer said, "Sir, we are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out on Dunn & Bradstreet and found that you are a Distinguished Alumnus From Texas A&M, a highly-sophisticated investor and a multi-millionaire with real estate and financial interests all over the world. What puzzles us is why would you bother to borrow $5,000?"

The good 'ole Texan replied, "Where else in New York City can I park my truck for two weeks for only $23.07 and expect it to be there when I return?"

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2013, 08:54:44 PM »
Joe had been a long-time and very valued member of his church in Austin. He was a trustee and always preferred to fix things rather than replace them and he was very adept at doing so.  One day the pastor came in o the office on his day off to get something. He was dressed in very grungy clothing and wearing a pair of running shoes that were falling apart.  If fact, when he walked down the hall to his office it sounded like he was wearing flip-flops.  This old trustee heard the noise and told the preacher, "I think I have some glue that will fix those shoes if you'll give then to me."

A couple of days later he did just that.  A week later, when he went into his office he saw a brown bag on his desk.  Upon opening it he found his repaired running shoes and a handwritten note stuffed in one of them.  It read: "It is a rare occasion when a parishioner is able to save the Pastor's sole."