Author Topic: upcoming show on bbc3 tonight 21:00 30/7/13 OCD BOOTCAMP  (Read 5994 times)

craig84

• Karma Group
upcoming show on bbc3 tonight 21:00 30/7/13 OCD BOOTCAMP
« on: July 30, 2013, 08:04:51 PM »
Thought id raise this topic as it should be really interesting as far as pioneering treatments for OCD goes.

I saw an interview on bbc's breakfast this morning and it looks like a good watch!
”It’s always down to you and the choices you make. Work on the things you can change and never dwell on the things you can’t. You choose… ‘results’ or ‘excuses’ it’s always down to YOU… no one has ever given their BEST and regretted it. GO HARD NO EXCUSES.”

craig84

• Karma Group
Re: upcoming show on bbc3 tonight 21:00 30/7/13 OCD BOOTCAMP
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 10:12:21 PM »
I said pioneering before but I think intensive would have been more apt.

I love watching shows like this.
seeing people throw themselves in the deep end challenging themselves and their illness is pretty empowering!!

after watching the show I wished I had one mental health professional that actually cared so much they would go above and beyond taking steps in making me better. deep down I know that's a quick fix but as well as that I think if I got some consistent one on one care I would fight more for myself.

maybe I wouldn't sit and dwell as much and would be more proactive...

i related most to the guy with glasses who had low self worth .... the feeling of worthlessness i have sometimes is what pushes me to my edge and i have noticed when i am praised or complimented i do see the positives in myself.

i think bbc advertising this mental health season as "mad season" speaks volumes of where things are going wrong... even when trying to raise awareness of mental health we are still labelled as mad!
”It’s always down to you and the choices you make. Work on the things you can change and never dwell on the things you can’t. You choose… ‘results’ or ‘excuses’ it’s always down to YOU… no one has ever given their BEST and regretted it. GO HARD NO EXCUSES.”