Author Topic: Fluoxetine higher dose side effects?  (Read 2957 times)

yepitsme

Fluoxetine higher dose side effects?
« on: July 04, 2013, 01:23:13 PM »
Ive been on fluoxetine for 56 days now.
The first 42 i was on 20mg, then i saw my doc. I was in a better place, but still had some tiredness, so was put on 40mg. That was 14 days ago. She explained some of the sides may come back for a bit.

They seem a bit worse. Feeling low and irritable, tiredness is terrible, by 3pm im ready for bed, feeling cranky and have started waking early again.

My short term memory is also getting bad at times. I couldnt remember where i was working yesterday for a few minutes!!!

Has anyone else experienced this? Im wondering if they are all sides, or also symptoms of my depression.

Im back at my docs on the 17th. I know it takes time for the meds to work, so hopefully will kick in by then.

Any advice on this would be helpfull  :(

Zita

Re: Fluoxetine higher dose side effects?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 06:13:47 PM »
Hi, I have been taking Fluoxetine for about 8 years, I started 0n 20 mg daily but it wasnt really working, so GP put dose up to 40mg and oh boy was I sleeping...I even fell asleep in a public place! So off to the GP I went and this time he puts it up to 60mg, well on that I was just completely spaced out, I am now back on 20mg and coping...just. :-\  Over the years my short term memory has become worse and worse, I will open the fridge and cant remember what for...I have reminders on my phone for everything because I simply cant remember things. Hope you feel better. :bye: