Author Topic: new medication  (Read 2804 times)

bb

• Karma Group
new medication
« on: June 05, 2013, 09:29:07 PM »
Im weaning off citalopram , 10mg and over lapping with setraline 50mg. yesterday was 1st day on this combination. last night had some wine then there was an overwhelming need to down aload of pills!! what thes going on?? i have read drinking whilst taking tablets can make them less affective. i believe this cos many a time if im upset before a drink i feel absolutely awful and crying a river after.  suicidal thoughts all of a sudden havent felt like this in over a year.....  :(

ParsnipPierre

• Karma Group
Re: new medication
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 12:02:18 AM »
I totally understand where you are coming from,i often feel more suicidal with alcohol but if all the depressed people didn't drink the world would be a better place.I know alcohol limt the effectiveness but if i feel like &$%+ before a drink,I think well i can't feel any worse when I have one.I started off on fluoxetine and then switched to mirtazapine,which my body took so adjusting to.Felt well spaced out for a few days but i don't feel it is working.
PP
"Don’t depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness"

SteveW

• Karma Group
Re: new medication
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 11:26:24 AM »
Alcohol can certainly do any number of strange things on top of anti-depressants. Some people can drink like a fish and experience no ill effects whereas others
can get extremely sedated or even suicidal. But you are more likely to be experiencing the effects of cross tapering the Citalopram and the Sertraline. When you do that it is almost inevitable that the levels of the old drug will drop before the new ones have a chance to build up. That can lead to an increase in depressive  symptoms of all kinds.
Sometimes the light is shining on me
Other times I can barely see
Lately it occurs to me
What a long, strange, trip it's been