Author Topic: medication and tiredness  (Read 2867 times)

bb

• Karma Group
medication and tiredness
« on: May 14, 2013, 08:40:29 PM »
seriously is there any medication which doesnt cause tiredness. ive read some posts on here and its scares me. im on citalopram 40 mg . i cant cope on this anymore. probably been on this doseage for about a year now. its affecting me everyday. im having to make choices what i can and cant do. i want to lose weight and exercise. if i reduce my calories i end up exhausted plus exercising im only talking burning 100 calories. but im just existing. any advise or words of hope?? please!!!! i am going to docs next week for medication change but i need some hope things can change.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: medication and tiredness
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 10:00:41 PM »
Have you talked to a dietician about your diet?

It's worth having a chat with your doctor first though.  What kind of exercise are you doing?

Try not to stress too much over diet and exercise as it will make losing weight harder if you're not enjoying wither.  I have a weight problem and am trying to eat healthier and eat smaller portions so I do know what a struggle it is.

bb

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 10:07:46 PM »
Im doing treadmill half an hour . Just walking 5km hour speed. just don't know how many calories is ok. Im on about 1400 a day.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 11:06:46 PM »
Walking is good even on a treadmill so you can build up on speed gradually so you're jogging.  You can alternate between jogging and walking or change the elevation so it's like waling up and down hills.  I've done that and you know if you've had a good walk up and down as your legs will feel achy the next day  0158