Author Topic: Yesterday's riots  (Read 6345 times)

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Yesterday's riots
« on: April 09, 2013, 04:55:39 PM »
I am disgusted at the 'death parties' riots yesterday just because Margaret Thatcher died, some of the comments on the Daily Mail online were sick as well.  It's bad enough that there were riots but to use her death as an excuse sickens me.  I don't really care whether people liked her or hated her she was an old lady who has children and grandchildren grieving her death.  These exact same people wouldn't have done it if this was their mother or grandmother.

From the pictures I've seen there were people involved who don't look old enough to remember her, some looked young enough not to have been born.  People have also got short memories as I remember the strikes that meant we were without electricity.  I remember being huddled round a calor gas heater with my parents and sister, and, my parents cooking on a camping cooker.  My parents were also much better off when the Conservatives came into power as well because of the change in the tax system ~ before that my dad used to say it was hardly worth my mum getting Child Benefit as the tax he had to pay on his taxes used to be raised far more than Child Benefit.

I'm not saying that Margaret thatcher didn't make mistakes but all Prime Ministers have made mistakes.  Of course the ripples out haven't just been hurtful towards the family.  It's all the shops that have been attacked including charity shops.  What have the shop staff, and, business people done that has been so wrong to deserve property being damaged? 

These rioters haven't given a thought of how stupid their behaviour has been.  I hope all those that have caused damaged get real justice chucked back at them.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:57:40 PM by Pip »

Buttercup

• Banned
Re: Yesterday's riots
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 06:50:47 PM »
I totally agree with you Pip.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 01:51:00 PM »
while I was totally against her privatization policy, (as well as most things conservative) those riots were the pits and served no purpose other than cause trouble and damage.

As Pip says, lets hope they catch the trouble makers and use the courts to bring justice
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

Hulk Hogan

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 12:02:24 PM »
They should let the family grieve in peace at this time as it is still very very raw for them

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 05:33:09 PM »
I was reading that one of the instigators of the riots is a 27 year old teacher who isn't old enough to remember Margaret thatcher as PM  >:( .  She and another teacher named are just setting a bad example to their students.  I know young people aren't stupid but some might use the bad examples of teachers as an excuse to behave badly themselves.     

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 05:46:39 PM »
that is very true Pip, the teachers should set an example (a good example that is)
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 07:28:13 PM »
I think their behaviour is disgusting.

S x x x. X
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Maddymoo

• Karma Group
Yesterday's riots
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 11:23:16 PM »
I'm appalled that people can openly celebrate the death of someone like that, it's not like she was a paedophile or murderer, if that was the case i'd understand, but she wasn't, and she was somebody's mum at the end of the day. I just think people are horrible

Maddy