Author Topic: long term side effects ?  (Read 2946 times)

tharidler

• Karma Group
long term side effects ?
« on: April 08, 2013, 12:21:03 PM »
hi everyone
I have been taking different medications and doses for some years now I am currently down to 225mg of venlafaxine and 50mg of dosulepin I have now been on these for about six months or so my problem is on occasion I have restless leg sometimes at night but the worst is in the morning and afternoons I am like a zombie I can nod off mid way through typing something my worry is that there is something wrong (this is one of my problems being a hypochondriac) so my question is could it be the meds even though I have been on them long term or should I worry ?
"It doesn't matter how slow you go, as long as you don't stop!"
-- CONFUCIUS

Catbrian

Re: long term side effects ?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 08:33:09 PM »
I think it's more than likely the meds, plus depression can often see us struggle with exhaustion.  It's worth mentioning to the GP.  When are you taking the meds?  Maybe if you try taking them at a different time, it might help

tharidler

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 10:15:45 AM »
thank you for your reply cat I take the venlafaxine mid morning and the dosulepin about 11pm just before bed is it possible that its the dosulepin being taken to late and the effects carry over to the next morning ?
-- CONFUCIUS

Catbrian

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 05:12:15 PM »
Hi... :bye: I would say it is more than likely the venlafaxine.  After an hour or two, you might feel sleepy.  I don't ever take antidepressants in the daytime.  In 13 years, I've never had side effects from any of them.  You could try leaving all the meds until night time, it might help.  I think it's very much a personal choice.  some people might benefit from a "calming effect" during the day.  Anyway, nice to hear from you again! :bgrin:

tharidler

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 09:41:10 AM »
thankyou cat that's very kind
-- CONFUCIUS