Author Topic: Ongoing battles with Sky ....  (Read 3604 times)

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Ongoing battles with Sky ....
« on: April 03, 2013, 04:45:03 PM »
Our battle started well over 6 months ago as DH queried a bill we got and found out we are being charged with HD.  We didn't want it in the first place and told the sales rep when we signed up with Sky and said we would ring if we changed our minds.  Since then we have had an ongoing battle as DH asked for HD to be taken off the package on that first phone call.  He was assured that it would be.  It hasn't so he has been ringing regularly to complain that it hasn't been taken off the package.  We have had an assurance each month that HD will be removed and that we will get a refund.  Like heck we have and are still paying for it.

Anyway due to have internet problems at the tail end of February and Sky not getting the matter resolved we decided to go over to Plusnet.  Sky was informed of this and that we would be going over to Plusnet for the telephone line as well.  We are getting half price internet for 12 months, the phone line is cheaper as well and the internet will still be cheaper than Sky after a year.

The internet was transferred without any problems nor have we been charged for the service.  The telephone line is a different matter.  The line got transferred on the 8th March then I got the usual email letting us know what the bill would be from the 12th March - 11th April.  It includes a month upfront for the telephone.  DH rang up and asked for the bill to be changed as we refuse to pay Sky for a service that we don't receive from Sky AND we have also paid upfront for the telephone from Plusnet.  Sky has refused to change the bill and have stated that we would be refunded the amount on the next bill.  He pointed out we are still waiting for HD to be removed from the package so we wont be holding our breath for a refund for a service (the phone line) we're not using as we are still waiting for a refund on the HD.  The idiot DH was talking to started laughing when he pointed out the law and refused to give a surname.  DH pointed out that he needed a surname as well as a first name as Sky would only say they have x number of staff eith that first name.  He gave up in the end.

Out of sheer frustration DH rang Ofcom for advice and I sent an email so the complaint would be more formal.  In the meantime I got an email asking me to fill out a survey on the employee's 'help'.  The first name was completely different to the one he gave DH.

Now Sky are trying to get out of giving a refund on the HD as we were 'aware of the charge and accepted it'.  The person also stated that we are getting it half price anyway as we are only paying for one room instead of two rooms.  We have a box in the bedroom.  I have sent back another email stating that yes we accepted the explanation as to why the bill has been what it is but we still didn't want the service in the first place.  Therefore we have still been overcharged for at least 6 months which is when we first asked for HD to be taken off the package and stands at least £61.50.  I pointed out that we are still waiting for the refund on that but nobody is taking any notice of us.  She put in the email the obvious that we can't be charged by two companies at the same time for a service (the telephone).  Therefore we would be refunded the telephone bill after paying the full bill.  I put in my email that Sky should never have included the telephone in the first place as the line was transferred 4 days before the bill's date and Sky knew this before the bill was made.  At the moment we are at a deadlock as Sky is denying all the conversations we had over HD.  Someone claims to have tried ringing this afternoon but we were in at that time and the phone never rang and we know the line is working as friends have rung us.  I sent one back asking her to ring tomorrow afternoon after 3pm.

:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Catbrian

Re: Ongoing battles with Sky ....
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 09:48:36 PM »
tut tut tut... drive you mad

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: Ongoing battles with Sky ....
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 11:02:06 PM »
How annoying for you both. Hope they get it sorted for you.

S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.