Author Topic: Fluoxatine and tiredness  (Read 3702 times)

Ohdaddy

• Karma Group
Fluoxatine and tiredness
« on: January 23, 2013, 10:08:12 PM »
Have been taking fluoxatine now for over 6 months.  I have been "dropping off" quite a lot though - sometimes even at 9 in the morning after what  I thought was a good night's sleep. I mentioned it to my GP and had a blood test - came back with nothing wrong with me!
She did not know what was causing it.

Has anybody else had this? Is it a long term side effect? Gp thought it may be a reaction to stress.

Catbrian

Re: Fluoxatine and tiredness
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 10:29:08 PM »
It could be your reaction to the stress and while you might feel you are sleeping okay, that may not entirely be the case.  The first couple of years of my depression, I slept more hours than I was awake.  Whenever I go through a particularly bad patch, I usually fall asleep as soon as I sit in the armchair, I have even been known to nod off sitting at the PC

I assume you take the Fluoxatine at night before bed?

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 10:35:30 PM »
Fluoxetine is normally associated with being activating. I'm glad you've had things checked with your GP. Like Caf says it may be the wish your body is coping with things.

Ohdaddy

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 11:04:00 PM »
Yes I take it just before going to bed.   When the tiredness comes over me I also feel cold.  I have not been that stressed recently - frustrated yes but not stressed out.  Thanks for the advice.

Cinderella

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 09:49:38 AM »
I know this post is a few months old, but I just wanted to say that I have exactly the same issue with Fluxatine. I actually only take 1/2 of the dose and still have increadible tiredness every day. I believe that this is one of the side effects. Every day I wonder about why I am taking it, but I guess I just have to stick with it for now. :-\