Author Topic: On my road to recovery  (Read 4870 times)

hippychick49

• Karma Group
On my road to recovery
« on: January 08, 2013, 03:49:20 PM »
I am getting better each day, I think. I still get a bit of anxiety but nowhere near what I was getting before I went to my GP. Now that the Mitrazapine is is kicking in I find my energy levels increasing. I have started walking a lot. I have a Fitbug which counts my steps and it keeps me occupied see the counter go up as I reach my target. I have started back at the gym, just some gentle sessions. I plan to go to my first yoga class in a long while, on Saturday. I have really missed yoga.

The local Buddhist centre runs Mindfulness courses. I hope to go on the next available course. I want to find the right coping mechanisms so that I am feeling confident I can cope when I come off the AD.

My therapy sessions have helped as well. I plan to have an extra 2 sessions. It has been really useful. I now feel more confident to give my needs more priority. I feel blessed that with coaxing from loved ones, I went to my GP. I was so lucky with GP I saw. She was an absolute gem.

I am waiting to hear about some volunteering one day a week. Later in the year I would like to change jobs. I have been in my job for 7 years so I need to build up some confidence before I change paths.