Author Topic: Video Project shout-out  (Read 1318 times)

dnjowen

Video Project shout-out
« on: December 05, 2012, 10:27:11 PM »
Hi all,

First of all, I'm very sorry if this topic isn't in the correct board.

I'm a freelance games journalist who suffers from mild depression. I've often found that when I'm feeling particularly down, playing a videogame can help distract me from it and ultimately feel a little better. I know several people who have said the same thing.

I'm currently writing an article that focuses on depression and videogames, and I'm also considering putting together a short video. The idea would be to keep it simple, by asking people to talk on camera about their depression and if and how gaming has helped them. At the moment I'm trying to see how many I can get involved.

I live in London, and I'm looking for people (obviously) who are gamers, and experience depression in some shape or form. It's by no means a requirement that gaming has helped you at all. In fact, it would be interesting to have quite the opposite too. You would also need to be willing to discuss it on camera.

Of course I understand that it can be a sensitive issue. If you're interested but would rather not reply here, please send me a private message.

Thanks very much.

David