Author Topic: Mirtazapine  (Read 8422 times)

calm_one

• Karma Group
Re: Mirtazapine
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2013, 06:13:06 PM »
Hi Catb,

I went back to my GP, he seems to think all my symptoms are due to my high levels of anxiety, He gave me some Tamazepam and Diazepam to calm me down and help me sleep. I've only had one Diaz but I have taken Tamaz the last 2 nights.

I have to say having a couple of good night sleep has made a massive difference to my mood, I actually feel quite happy today and more in control of my emotions. Only thing is I can only have them for 1 week.

With Mirtazapine it really did help me sleep initially (as that was my main problem, I couldn't get to, or stay asleep) but then that wore off, I just hope its not the Mirt that's actually keeping me awake! I am starting to come round to the idea that my agitation and insomnia is my anxiety, made much much worse by the fact I can't sleep. Also I would have thought if it is the meds making me agitated I'd have had them from day 1, not a couple of weeks after.

He wants me to go back on Friday to see how I'm getting on, he has also referred me for CBT.

I really hope its not the meds as I go on hol on 27th so don't want to have to either change, or withdraw while I'm away! :(

Catbrian

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 08:49:57 PM »
I would say if things are starting to settle down then hopefully they are working.  The GP probably wont want to prescribe Temazepam for too long, but hopefully he'll be happy to continue for a while because a good nights sleep does make all the difference. I was addicted to Diazepam 14/15yrs ago and the GP wont prescribe them.  However, for some reason he is happy to prescribe Zolpidem for sleeping and also to relax back muscles (I have back prob).  I always find it helps to be more pushy with the Doc, they will listen and accept your wishes as long as they are not abusing or going over the dosage they prescribe.

calm_one

• Karma Group
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 04:40:31 PM »
Hi Catb,

I am amazed in the difference in my mood/anxiety levels because I can sleep, I don't feel i can take on the world just yet but I do feel much more content with myself. Obviously my worry is that once I run out of sleeping tablets I'll be back where I started.

Today at work today I got loads done, was really cheery and felt good. I still know I have issues I need to sort out but right now I feel I can sort them.

I've only taken 2 diazepam since I got them on Friday (1.f of them was on Friday). I have been given them for 3 per day.

Do you take Zolpidem long term? I'm guessing its not in the same "addictive" class as diazepam.

Catbrian

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 09:56:22 PM »
I take Zolpidem long term for the moment.  I haven't taken any for a few nights.

It's good you haven't been using the Diazepam as often as they prescribed.  Take them to the GP with you, proves you're not about to abuse whatever he prescribes; speak honestly about the sleeping and your concerns of going back to hardly sleeping at all.  You might find, like me, the more things calm down naturally, the less need you will feel to take a tablet.

It's good to hear you sounding a lot better

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2013, 01:15:05 AM »
If no improvement in a couple of weeks or things become unbearable, change type of medication

calm_one

• Karma Group
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2013, 01:48:50 PM »
Does anyone have any experences of going from 30mg to 45mg? I've actually been doing quite well since the middle of January but the last couple of weeks have been tough, but I have external forces to blame for that. My doc agreed to up me to 45mg. I do genuinly believe they are helping as my bad days are no where near as bad as they were!

The doc seems to think as I've tolerated 15 and 30 so well then 45 will be just as good for me and I have seen people say 45mg made such a difference to them.

I guess I'm just after some reassurances and if people did get extra side effecs, how long did they last and what were they?

Thanks

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2013, 03:21:15 PM »
along with citalopram i use 45 mg of mertazapine, take them at night.... they used to help with sleep, but not so now in the past 6 months
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2013, 05:12:49 PM »
Sorry but I cannot help as I have never been on this anti-depressant medication.

S x x x x 

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.