Author Topic: What have you been up to tonight?  (Read 5127 times)

bookletters

• Karma Group
What have you been up to tonight?
« on: November 01, 2012, 10:16:03 PM »
Hope everyone is well.
Hubby and I just watched the Junior Apprentice. Anybody else watched it?
What have you been up to? xx

Buttercup

• Banned
Re: What have you been up to tonight?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 11:17:45 PM »
Watched the first half then opted for bed, will wst h the next bit tomorrow.

How are you?

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 12:09:36 AM »
I am not too bad thanks Buttercup, a bit of low day today but nowhere as bad as when I was on citalopram!
How are you?
I bet you are busy with your little ones at home hey? xx

Catbrian

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 02:19:34 AM »
Hi Book.... Well I've been catching up on the Forum.  Watched a couple of things I'd stored on the digi box....oh, and in between, I've been trying to reprogramme a laptop with a CD.  Don't have clue what I'm doing but thankfully there is someone at the other end of the phone to help.  Been thinking I should write something in my own diary for a change.  Maybe do some tomorrow.

Glad to read here and there, Book, that you're sounding a lot better. 

Until tomoz....time for my bed.  The laptop can now finish in its own time

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 07:02:54 AM »
Hi

I disappeared to the land of nod. It has been very busy with the little ones, it's half term here.

Xxx

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 11:41:17 AM »
Poor Catb, the laptop misbehaving sounds like a right pain!!!
I bet you slept well Buttercup, half term here too :)

Catbrian

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 08:51:21 PM »
How are you doing today, Book?

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 10:09:46 PM »
Not to bad thank you for asking Catb.
I had a visit from the rep for my business this morning and (I feel awful about this) I had gone to bed at 00:30 and the meds knocked me out so when he arrived at 10:30 I was half comatose, hadn't showered, was wearing pink track suit bottom and a tee-shirt with no bra. I feel absolutely MORTIFIED thinking about it :s Hopefully though, me becoming an hopeful regular customer will prove that I am not a drugged up slob :s
The rest of the day was a 6-7/10. My business was busy today so had to prepare the dispatches, then hubby and I went to the High Street and had a nice cheap lunch at Wetherspoon's hehe!
I still had some lows during the day but thanks to the medication they are really not too bothersome.
What about you Catb?

Catbrian

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 03:22:12 PM »
Hi Book.... Lately I've not been too good, seem to be on a permanent low.  I've got to push myself through absolutely everything.  Thankfully, I only have two elderly cats and a very lively Jack Russell to look after.

Hope today's been good for you.  I know what you mean about being caught in your jammies.  I was the same the other day; opened the door to let the dog out and there stood my CPN.

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 03:45:42 PM »
A bit of a low day for me too today, I did loads yesterday and think I overtired myself! Plus I went to bed late, drank coffee late so didn't sleep very well... you name it!
Hope you feel better soon Catb, depression is so up and down isn't it?!

Catbrian

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 10:16:32 PM »
Book, the never ending merry-go-round of emotions sometimes makes me sick.  I'm sure you are due for an increase of meds soon, are you?  That could be a contributing factor for feeling a bit on the low side.   Not sleeping well never helps either, eh?

Drinking coffee is one of my biggest issues, I am completely addicted, but apparently it can cause depression.  I always make sure my last cup is 6pm, latest.  I had a visit from my CPN on Thursday.  She is asking the Psychiatrist about an increase in meds.  I'm really at the max of Quetiapine, which is a mood stabiliser, and I also take the AD Mirtazapine, but have kept this at a low dose in case my depression hits rock bottom again.  I'd rather increase the Quetiapine, as it is the only drug that ever gave me any relief from depression.  The Mirtazapine is renowned for knocking people out, so I don't fancy any more of that; morning are difficult enough.

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 10:55:52 PM »
Feel for you Cat  %^% %^%

Have you tried Lamotrigine? It's the mood stabiliser I was on but works better for depression than the other way. Apart from the rash its normally well tolerated and is weight gain neutral.

Xxx

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 11:03:51 PM »
I am in the process of getting rid of citalopram completely. Didn't take it today, have to take it tomorrow. I am doing this until next week then citalopram goes goes goes!
Venlafaxin was increased from 37.5 to 75 on Monday, could that make me feel low??

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 11:13:09 PM »
If the citalopram was doing a bit more than you thought, the decreased rose could have an effect as the venlafaxin may not have fully kicked in yet.

Xxx

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 11:39:40 PM »
Yes you are right Buttercup, just need to be patient. I am not bad bad, just not as good as say yesterday.
Hope you and the 4 little kiddoes are doing well xxx