Author Topic: So disappointing!  (Read 2999 times)

bookletters

• Karma Group
So disappointing!
« on: October 22, 2012, 03:11:04 PM »
Since crossing over meds 7 days ago, I had 5 good days and now I feel a bit weird and my mood has dipped. I seem to have aches in my joints, feel like I've got a bit of a cold.... even if citalopram was not effective for me, could this be an effect of discontinuation?
I am worried my depression is going to get worse until GP increases venlafaxin next week... ah well, wait and see and try to keep busy in the meantime!

Catbrian

Re: So disappointing!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 12:13:14 AM »
Bookletters.... I feared all through your optimistic posts that you would come to this stage.... it is expected and VERY normal.  Your joi nts are probably aching because of all the recent activity; buzzing around, feeling good.  It could also be down to the discontinuation of Citalopram

When I came off 5-6yrs use of Citalopram in May, I was on my new meds but still having trouble sleeping.  I blamed it on the new meds, but the GP suggested it was the discontinuation of Citalopram.  He recommended I take a low dose occasionally and then stop as I feel comfortable.  If you;'ve got any Citalopram left, you might wish to try a low dose and see if it improves.

The downer?  Well, I'd say you need to increase, but the wait till next week is a bummer.  I always take quite a forceful approach with the medical professionals I deal with.  If I were in your position, I'd increase off my own back, then explain to the GP I needed to increase sooner.  There's absolutely nothing they can do or say.  It's safe, you're going to increase anyway, so why not sooner than the GP's instructions?

I hope everything's going okay *()

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 12:21:38 AM »
Thanks Cat!!!
I am actually not feeling too bad. My mood is 5 -7 /10 on average. A lot of brooding today but the new meds is helping me do things, sleep, eat, socialize so am coping not too badly!
Looking fwd to my venlafaxine increase next week but overall I have to say the cross over has not been bad at all!

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 12:25:56 AM »
Oh and I am still taking citalopram until next week when my dose of venlafaxin goes up and citalopram goes through the window!

Catbrian

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 06:29:05 PM »
That sounds a good move Book.  If poss, I'd keep a few because even though your Vens going up, like me, you might find you're experiencing withdrawal

I think it's brilliant how your mood has improved with the  new meds.  You even 'sound' better, a 5-7/10 is a nice enough place to be.  Let's face it, we all get our moody-broody days from time to time. Sometimes we might think the AD's should be completely stopping us from having these "natural" down days. 

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 07:02:37 PM »
Yeah, I think when you are prone to depression, you forget other people aren't always cheerful and happy ahah!
I am grateful for how well venlafaxin seems to suit me, I am sleeping, eating, relaxed, it's a tremendous help!

Catbrian

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 08:54:01 PM »
That's really nice, Book, and very encouraging for others to hear.... there really can be light at the end of the tunnel, but it's important to find the right meds for you, eh?  Takes time, but time can be the healer.

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 09:12:33 PM »
Absolutely!
I felt better after one night on venlafaxin as it just helped me sleep sooo much better!