Author Topic: Help with Citalopram - stopped working????  (Read 14141 times)

bookletters

• Karma Group
Re: Help with Citalopram - stopped working????
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2012, 03:48:48 PM »
Thanks Catb, another low day today hehe! Not too bad, just not as good as yesterday!
Nevermind, it will go, as ever :)
I have been able to do quite a bit today so trying not to be too harsh to myself.

Nay

• Karma Group
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2012, 05:20:02 PM »
Yesterday was an ok ish day, but I did have a short fit of the shakes again in the morning. Generally felt a bit more chipper though  :D

Last night, I was so tired so thought I'd have a lie down about 6pm. Ended waking up at 8.30am this morning, and pretty much slept the whole night solidly! I got up for breakfast and sorted the cat out, then had an overwhelming sleepy sensation wash over me, so went back to bed for a bit and woke up at 1pm. Made myself get up and went into town to get my dad's birthday present, so at least I've had a few hours out of the flat. Now I'm back in bed again (mostly because it's the warmest room in the flat, and I'm freezing).

My mind feels strange at the moment though. Like there's a barrier around it keeping all thoughts in, not just the upsetting ones. Like everything is fighting to break free but it can't. Nothing can get out. Hard to explain.

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2012, 05:29:58 PM »
Nay, so glad to hear you are sleeping well and able to go to town, look after the cat etc :)
Think the sensation you describe could be side effects from venlafaxin?
Hope you have a good day xx

Nay

• Karma Group
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2012, 05:48:31 PM »
Last night was the first night i have slept properly in 4 1/2 years! Hope it carries on!

I don't feel happy today, but don't feel particularly down either. Kinda numb, not really knowing what I am feeling. Had some crazy dreams last night too.

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2012, 05:57:36 PM »
So pleased for you!!!
Oh yeah weird dreams are classic side effects and / or beginning of depression, I've had those too!

Nay

• Karma Group
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2012, 06:16:03 PM »
Yeah, I get really vivid dreams every night. When I'm really stressed, i tend to get strange dreams about colleagues or people I work with - usually sexual in nature. I am stressed, and very sexually frustrated at the moment, so that's probably why!

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2012, 08:13:53 PM »
hahaha deffo!!!!!

Catbrian

« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2012, 09:49:34 PM »
The AD's always increase the vivid dreams. 

Book, it's a real bummer when we have a consistent low.  I've been the same lately, but this afternoon, I tried to remind myself of all the things I have achieved today, rather than habitually beating myself up.  Are you due for an increase in meds soon?  I certainly relate to that flat feeling at the beginning of meds, when we're just ready for an increase.  Pat yourself on the back, for managing to plough through the day, regardless.

Nay, that long sleep certainly sounds positive.  My flat's always warm, I can't stand the cold, it makes the depression feel worse.  I'm cutting back on the heating this year, so have put on an extra layer.  My two kitty-babies are having an evening indoors.  It sounds like the London blitz out there, from nearby displays.  I taught them not to be afraid of fireworks when they were kittens.  I think it's the flashing lights that trouble Missy-Squeak.  Jack (the dog) is sound asleep at my feet; Missy is sprawled out on the desk to my right and Oscr is preening his bits to my left MMMmmmm lovely

Nay

• Karma Group
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2012, 11:22:05 PM »
yeah, now i'm on my own i need to cut back on the bills. Me and Derek the cat will be huddled up later x

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2012, 11:37:37 PM »
Catb: don't know if I am due for an increase as I just had an increase on Monday... think it's wait and see really. Doc wants to review in a month.