Author Topic: GLYX-13  (Read 3573 times)

bookletters

• Karma Group
GLYX-13
« on: October 16, 2012, 09:25:04 PM »
I am trying to keep up to date with medical research with regards to depression.
One exciting thing coming up in December is the end of a two years of clinical trial (phase II) on a new type of antidepressant drug (GLYX-13, voted one of Windhover's 2011 Top 10 Neuroscience Projects to Watch) which starts acting in hours rather than weeks!
Naurex (the company who have created it) are going to have a press conference in december to share their findings.... let's hope it brings promising news!!!!!

mat

• Karma Group
  • Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm
Re: GLYX-13
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 11:59:13 PM »
Fingers crossed,   Any medical advancement in anti depressants is welcome .

I'll keep my eye out on more info on it
BEFORE YOU ACT, LISTEN
BEFORE YOU REACT, THINK
BEFORE YOU SPEND, EARN
BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE, WAIT
BEFORE YOU PRAY, FORGIVE

BEFORE YOU QUIT, TRY

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 12:26:07 PM »
It is based on the discoveries made on the fast acting mechanism of Ketamin. The fact that it is the end of phase II means essentially after that it's going to be a matter of "tweaking" it really, I can't wait and hope it can help us all!!
Other promising news:
The Monarch headset for depression should be sold privately in the next couple of months too (see Monarch - Neurosigma).
And... for the first time in 5 years, a new antidepressant (not a "copy") is being put on the market soon: vortioxetine (Lundbeck) + Forest are also put their own new antidepressant on the market (levomilnacipran).
All these things take time but I am hoping treatments will get better and better with time :)

Catbrian

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 09:07:31 PM »
That all sounds very interesting.  I've often wondered why AD's are still painfully slow in taking effect when there are drugs out there that react immediately on the same parts of the brain and its chemicals as AD's do.

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 09:12:18 PM »
Let's hope GLYX 13 is the answer and/or the beginning of a new generation of ADs!!