Author Topic: Seroxat  (Read 2527 times)

bendymind

• Karma Group
Seroxat
« on: September 04, 2012, 08:50:50 PM »
Hi, I'm male aged 50.

I have been on seroxat (paroxetine) 10mg for many years, sometimes upped to 20mg then back down to 10.

Middle of last year I began to have (what I now know) as anxiety attacks - even ending up in A&E
thinking I was having a heart attack

2 months ago, Dr upped my dose to 20mg and the attacks have stopped.

This weekend I felt as if I was having some sort of depressive relapse - no anxiety but just a feeling of
depression, moody, gloomy etc - even woke up saturday morning feeling a depressive cloud coming on.

During these times wife and kids suffer my moods - I even had thoughts that my marriage was the problem / should we split up / its all over etc

I am sort of out of it now and I know from experience in the past that these thoughts are part of the depression rather than the cause (I have an amazing wife)

I can cope with the problems above and I know they pass

My main problem is my sex drive. It is completely gone !

Dr prescribed the magic blue pills and they did the job (raising to the occasion)
but, how can I explain this.... I just cant climax.

Dr joked that my wife was very lucky (thanks a bunch Doc) but it is really worrying me.

I am wondering if this is normal and will return, or am I (we) doomed in the bedroom when on 20mg?

Has anyone had this problem and found a better medication which does not have this side-effect ?

Thanks everyone

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: Seroxat
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 09:15:00 PM »
Sorry being female I can't help.  But hopefully someone else will come along and help.

S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

KateG

• Karma Group
Re: Seroxat
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 09:23:37 PM »
I was on this and I had most of the side effects pretty quickly, so I came off it

Mirtazapine doesn't have this particular side effect but it does make you sleep and eat loads, so not sure if that's any better...

Welcome to the forum by the way