Author Topic: Anxiety worse in certain time of Day?  (Read 6794 times)

PaulaJo

• Karma Group
Anxiety worse in certain time of Day?
« on: August 16, 2012, 02:57:19 PM »
Hi All,

Do you find your anxiety/ anxiousness/ panic attacks are worse at any particular time of day?
If so, when, and do you know why this is?

I seem to be quite relaxed in the afternoons and evenings, but come bedtime it sometimes starts up. Mornings are the worst, I had such bad panic one morning, that I couldn't get out of bed.

Is it normal to be worse at certain times?
Surely if its chemical anxiety, it happens all the time?

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Anxiety worse in certain time of Day?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 03:12:45 PM »
I dont know if its the same for everyone but my anxiety and depression are usually worse in the mornings - the anxiety because I perceive I have too much to do and important deadlines, I think depression is often worse for people in the morning but not sure why

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Ezel

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 03:27:38 PM »
Anxiety tends to stick with me all day but panic attacks for me usually happens when I'm in a crowded place.  Shops are the worstand when the panic attacks are bad I have to get outside.  I'm not claustrophobic I just don't like a lot of people being around me.  We have been known to go to supermarkets at about 6 am just so I can avoid crowds.

PaulaJo

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 04:34:25 PM »
It's really weird. I would have thought that after you wake up from (hopefully) a night's sleep, one would be relaxed and at ease.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 06:20:04 PM »
I am at my worst in the morning. For much the same reason as Zaf, thinking I have so much to do and not thinking I can manage it. S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Anthony 996

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 11:59:27 AM »
I too have bad mornings with what would normally be considered easy things to deal with seeming like a mountain to climb.. My real low points though are in the wee small hours when things just go round and round in my head.. These are the worst for me ...

justme

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 01:57:13 PM »
As soon as I wake up it's there!! Horrible just horrible, think that's the reason I just want to sleep all the time and not leave the house!! Strangely I go to work and I'm fine, no issues but think that's down to having to focus on patients!!

Just messed up world for me, but definatly mornings are my most anxious time. :0(
Justme

turquoise

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 03:14:26 PM »
I am at my worst in the morning feeling of dread just on wakening but I have anxiet attackas at any time of the day and anything can trigger it off from not being able to do something to someone saying the wrong thing makes day to day living a bit eventful  ^%$

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 07:41:01 PM »
I'm much the same, I life with anxiety it gets worse if I have to do something out of the norm or someone says something in the wrong way etc.

I'm fairly controlled by it and will make decisions to avoid certain things etc

ohajiki

• Karma Group
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 12:45:11 AM »
Mine is at night, I panic before bed in fear I won't be able to sleep. In the more extreme panic-evenings I am physically sick with anxiety.

x

mat

• Karma Group
  • Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 02:23:07 PM »
^
Same as above at night I tend to worry allot about things  and the loneliness does creep in big time.

BEFORE YOU ACT, LISTEN
BEFORE YOU REACT, THINK
BEFORE YOU SPEND, EARN
BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE, WAIT
BEFORE YOU PRAY, FORGIVE

BEFORE YOU QUIT, TRY

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 03:34:53 PM »
Funny, I am worse in the morning.... the nights are usually nice and relaxing, the mornings bleugh!