Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 1524 times)

Abbie

Hi everyone
« on: August 11, 2012, 12:07:05 AM »
Hi!  *()

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Abbie, in my 30s and have fought against depression and anxiety on and off since my early 20s. I'm married and currently having a bit of a relapse. In the space of two months I've lost a much loved pet, my car has broken down, I need some nasty dental work very soon, I've had two infections and I live on cash as am (successfully) paying off my debts.

My husband and I are doing nothing but argue and I've just spent the last hour in my car in tears on the phone to my best friend. I'm having a bit of a hormone imbalance at the moment due to contraceptive changes and I think its making me weepy, but I'm also struggling day to day.

In the last 5 years, I have lost my dad to cancer, nearly lost my mum to a heart attack and I think may have come close to a nervous breakdown. I function without most people knowing there is a problem, but barely. 

I'm really interested in psychology and other therapies, and hope I can get some support here in this particularly bad period of my life, but hopefully support others as well.  %^%

Depression is a b***h!  ;)

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 08:58:08 AM »
Hi and welcome  *()

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Catbrian

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 10:28:24 AM »
Hi Abbie…  +-_ welcome to the Forum.

The difficulties you mention are on the top list of relationship problems.  The finances alone are enough to drive a wedge.

You’ve had a lot to deal with these last 5yrs, particularly in recent couple.  It’s a fact that people experiencing depression often suffer in secret silence.  The Forum provides an anonymous space to be yourself.  Giving and receiving support, for me, can be a very constructive therapy process.  Hopefully you'll find the same

The symptoms you describe, including hormonal, can sometimes benefit from a short term anti-depressant.  Do you visit the GP for your depression?  Have you ever considered medication?

I hope you find the Forum helpful. 

Have a good day  $%$

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 12:29:05 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum. S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Ezel

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 03:13:01 PM »
 +_+ $£$