Author Topic: I'm really struggling at the moment - CFS and depression  (Read 6648 times)

louise

I'm really struggling at the moment - CFS and depression
« on: April 12, 2012, 01:42:36 AM »
I have already decided I need a therapist.  I've had therapy - mainly the CBT kind - five or six times over a twelve year period.

I'm lost, without anything I have to get up for, and I've found myself in this position several times before (it's always when a short term course or treatment period ends).  I feel isolated.  I'm considering attending a depression group, but in the past I've only been to one and it was...depressing... :P  I sat.  I listened.  I felt bad for everyone and decided that wouldn't really work for me as an anti-depressant aide.

In the past I've talked openly about my suicidal thoughts but now my family are finding that too upsetting to hear, understandably.  However, this means I'm bottling things up and I'm heading for a meltdown unless I get myself some help.  Fast.

I do have CFS as well, but if my depression escalates I always prioritize that, since it is the most difficult to deal with and the most brutal.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: I'm really struggling at the moment - CFS and depression
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 08:33:40 AM »
Depression is certainly very brutal, it takes so much of our lives from us.

Have you thought about contacting you local MIND, I am doing my counselling through them.  I have also attended 2 courses of theirs, there was only a small number of people in each group, this helped me so much to get out each week.  I did a depression and anxiety course and self assertiveness one.  They were free and I met some like minded people.  Still meet up every week with one for a coffee and it was 5 years ago we attended the course together.  You can find your local group by putting in MIND in your search engine.

I have found this forum to be a great support and we are all here for each other, there is always someone to offer a kind word, support or advice.

Take care

S x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.