Author Topic: depression w pain management  (Read 1041 times)

warped

• Karma Group
depression w pain management
« on: April 02, 2012, 01:30:46 AM »
 Yes, narcotic management. 11 yrs stable on rxs. 2 yrs ago i was givenoxycodone 30mgs 6x daily.plus 60the morphine every 8 hrs. Later reduced to 4 oxy a day w my morphine extended release. No problem. Florida laws got strict soon after that. 8 days later i went to my pm Dr. I took substitute as perscribed. Little effect. Happy to b off the oxy, but, my pain is clearly affecting my job and standard of living. When i addressed this with him, he replied, deal with what i gave you or go to rehab. I intensely studied the meds on official sites. Pain relief reduction was just above 65%. On second visit i told him again of my struggles. He proceeds to type notes in my chart after my statement. Meaning he flagged me as an addict, perhaps.
 I don't know what to do. Get or try another Dr? Who will read the notes. I agreed tapering down. He won't. Listen and one gotten more depressed in pain. House chores stackin up. What do i do? Urgent help please!!!

lost rolex

• Karma Group
  • cognitive dissonance
Re: depression w pain management
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 11:43:17 AM »
i am skeptical about the pain management course as they reduce your medication and get you to do more physical stuff i am on fentynol Patches 75 mg/ph and i have temporarily boosted my medication by adding patches for about 6 or 7 hours which gave excellent pain re-leaf and allowed me more freedom, ( i am not saying this is going to work for everyone i took serious risks doing this and should not be done by anyone) the pain management works in reverse which i am scratching my head at, i don't see how this going to work as with out my patches to mask the pain i fell worse not better, so this will be interesting i do believe they push to to the limit and help psychologically but this has to be seen.

LR     
Harmful intentions
particularly those involving deliberate acts exploitation, seem to cause longer-lasting and more painful emotional consequences than natural disasters. The crucial factor may be that such experiences destroys people’s trust in others, particularly if they involve someone you have depended on.