Author Topic: New to the Forum  (Read 1926 times)

adam_kruk1983

New to the Forum
« on: March 12, 2010, 09:38:13 PM »
Hi All!

I am a 27 year old male and have been suffering with depression for 12 years. Over the 2 years, my depression has got gradually worse and I am now feeling like there is no way back up again. I have signed up to this forum in order to try and find other people that relate to my problems and to try find some inspiration to pull myself out of this mental mess that I find myself in. I hope in joining these forums I can make some new friends and help as many people as possible.

I look forward to your responses.

Adam.

tabitha

Re: New to the Forum
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 07:33:54 PM »
hi adam, have you been given any medical help for your illness?

adam_kruk1983

Re: New to the Forum
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 11:14:10 AM »
Hi Tabitha,

Yes I am, I am currently on 40mg's of Citalopram although I now believe that it is no longer effective. I am going back to my doctors in order to try and change my medication and also look in to alternative therapies such as Accupuncture. I have now genuinely come to my wit's end with my depression and also the associated O.C.D and am now willing to consider anything in order to help me get back to the old me again because the old Adam would never have considered suicide just to try and find the easy way out. I am tired of feeling like a disappointment and a failure not only to myself but my girlfriend, family and friends...I don't want my illness to continue hurting those that love and care for me anymore.