Author Topic: Venlafixine, Quetiapine and Lithium - what a cocktail ?!  (Read 10342 times)

mamalou

Re: Venlafixine, Quetiapine and Lithium - what a cocktail ?!
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 10:02:08 PM »
I have a psychiatrist already - he has been seeing me for some time - it is his questioning that seems to skirt around the bi-polar !!  But because my depression is so severe and my suicidal ideation so concerning, I am managed quite carefully.

I have the involvement of just about every mental health professional in the area !!! I never predicted that for my life !  ;)

My current diagnosis is "treatment resistant depression" ( in a major depressive episode) plus the "borderline personality disorder (BPD) " has been banded about too. I absolutely do not have the BPD for sure but bi-polar 2 is too perfect a fit to be a co-incidence ?!??

Think I may try to be brave and bring it up with my psych next week.

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply - truly appreciated. x

Buttercup

• Banned
Re: Venlafixine, Quetiapine and Lithium - what a cocktail ?!
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 10:07:30 PM »
I would bring it up, maybe in an indirect sort of way. Pick up on some characteristics of a hypermanic episode.

I'm very lucky my GP picked things up. The interesting thing is when she did she said it fitted since the Prozac hadn't lifted me out of the depression as expected.

What sort of questioning does he do?