Author Topic: lustral (sertraline) and weight loss???  (Read 21002 times)

treaclepop

lustral (sertraline) and weight loss???
« on: February 17, 2012, 06:55:31 PM »
Lustral side effects?? weight loss?

hello
ive been on lustral for 2 and a half weeks now for my depression its done wonders for me i am a lot more confident my depression has lifted and my anxiety doesnt really exist i know it doesnt always work for some individuals but for me its a life saver and i can finally enjoy life.

It has given me some of the classic side effects- insomnia a few nights now and again, nightmares i appear to be having- i seem to remember every dream i have? I had a few shakes and loss of appetite

what i would like to know is- has anyone had any weight loss? i hear a lot on the internet about weight gain ?? but i appear to have lost half a stone (i had put a lot of weight on over xmas period but now im back to 7 and a half stone (im very small in height 5 foot 2) im not saying its a bad thing but has anyone else had weight loss with lustral?
 thanks guys x :) ^&^

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: lustral (sertraline) and weight loss???
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 07:37:12 PM »
Hi sorry had no experience with this medication.

Just wanted to say  .>, to the forum.

S x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 07:48:42 PM »
It made me hyper and I had to come off it, no other experience :(
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 11:53:49 PM »
im on a very high dosage and thankful its one of the better meds ive taken, most of the side effects completely disappeared until i have dosage increases. even then its not too bad, the only ones that really come back are the dry mouth, tremors and the diarrhea.
but then again i get so many other side effects from all the other meds at high dosages its hard to tell what is caused by what
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

emmietaylor

• Karma Group
    • Emmies Project 365
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 09:36:43 PM »
all i heard is that sertraline can make you gain weight after gaining a few pounds the last few months. Put I am coming off it completely and hopefully going on to something that doesn't make me gain weight. I am very weight concious and obsess about my weight a lot. I.E I think I am extremely fat when I am not and i can't seem to get it out of my mind
keep try to succeed in life and stop thinking negatively.
Keep strong and carry on!
No I won't give up, not I won't break down and I will be strong.
I miss you nana RIP sweetheart nana

http://project365emmie.blogspot.com/

travis1411

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 04:50:58 AM »
 Lustral tablets contain the active ingredient sertraline hydrochloride, which is a type of antidepressant. It is effective for weight loss but it has more side effects than benefits. Its side effects are side effects such as indigestion, vomiting and the loss of appetite. It is good to find alternative of it.

I have edited part of your post as, although it's a good idea to try alternatives, members should check with a doctor first as the alternative could be a bad combination with other drugs.

Link removed for this reason when I clicked on it:
Reported Attack Page!
This web page at www.eslimaluma.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 11:58:56 AM by Pip »