Author Topic: Coming off Citalopram  (Read 3228 times)

Ezel

Coming off Citalopram
« on: February 15, 2012, 04:14:07 PM »
On Monday I saw my doctor about citalopram as I feel it doesn't help anymore.  She has suggested coming of it slowly so this week I'm taking 40 mg one day then 20 mg nest day.  For three weeks after that I will be 20 mg then I need to see her again.I may have a few days that I'm not taking anything as they are one short on doctors at the surgery.  At that point I can decide whether Citalopram is working a bit or whether I should try something else.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: Coming off Citalopram
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 04:18:22 PM »
I had to come off Citalopram as well as it stopped working for me, as I was under the mental health team, the phych dr changed me straight away to Duloxetine, so I stopped taking Citalopram one day and started the new one the next, but he put me on Clonezepam for a couple of weeks too so it helped me through the changeover.

ope you get on ok.

S x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Pete

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 08:37:55 PM »
Same here, sort of. Citrolpram did nothing at all for me,nothing so they weaned me off it and I'm now on sertraline 100mg and upping next week again as apart from a few mixed ups and downs I'm still down :(

Ezel

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 09:34:41 PM »
I'm not expecting to notice any change in my mood atm but it is early days yet.  Today has been an okayish day which is good for me.