Author Topic: down spiral has beeen going to long.  (Read 5686 times)

Little Finder

down spiral has beeen going to long.
« on: January 30, 2012, 10:07:35 AM »
Hi, I am a newbie to this forum, but I am bi-polar and really struggling to get out of a down spiral. I haven't been manic for a long while and this time i am finding g it very hard to return to base levels.

It may sound odd, but I normally use music to regulate my moods, bring me up when i'm down, and down when i'm to up. This time it isn't working at all. I wont take meds, I have been through many meds and trails and even stuck with it for around 5 years and all they do is stop me reacting to the good times as well as bad and the side effects effected me more day to day than my disorder did at the time. so FOR ME meds where the wrong route, i know they have worked for others and worked well, it is just not for me.

I wish i could tell you why i am in a down spiral, there are no situational triggers. there rarely are to be honest, well non that I can notice anyway. I am in my final year at uni so I am about to go through a major life change after 5 years, so it may be that, though my instincts say no, i am, used to moving around and upheaval and it has never bothered me.

I was just after some advice on how to get out of it. and curious how other people use things other than meds to help them out?

ps apologies for long post.

Got

• Karma Group
Re: down spiral has beeen going to long.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 02:41:19 PM »
Hi.

I dont kow much about bipolar, although i was recently told that I have cyclothymia. I find it hard to beleive but maybe it is true.

In terms of getting out of the depression, I have advice, but I am so so sorry...I feel so drained right now I just cant dispense any advice. I am terribly sorry, but when I have the energy I will.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: down spiral has beeen going to long.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 03:20:30 PM »
I dont know anything about it either I'm afraid, the only way I manage to fight the downward spiral is rest, medication and counselling xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.