Author Topic: hello  (Read 1006 times)

doodlebug

hello
« on: January 27, 2012, 02:00:49 PM »
 :(
New to the forum. About 17 years ago I suffered from a bout of really bad depression following the birth of my daughter then a traumatic hold up at my work. I was treated with different medication and talking therapies and after about 4 or 5 years I started to feel better. Since then I've had small bouts of feeling depressed or a bit low but this time it has been going on for weeks and I just feel like I can't cope. My kids are now 23 18 and 12. I am married to a hard working man but I feel that I am taken for granted and I deal with everyones problems add to that I am also a support worker and you can maybe see why I am depressed. I am generally a happy easy going person but just now I cry at the drop of a hat, I'm bad tempered and cannot stand to be in the company of my family. My GP was not very sympathetic when I seen her a week ago and would not prescribe anything or give me any advice but hopefully when I go back next week she will provide more help. OMG I'm ranting.

Ezel

Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 02:20:24 PM »
 .>,

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 02:43:02 PM »
Hi doodlebug and welcome, if your GP still isnt very helpful next time could you transfer to another doctor?  xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 03:47:38 PM »
hello and welcome, I agree with Zaf, would it be possible to see another dr, you should be able to talk at ease with your dr about your feelings.

S x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

lightenup

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 08:30:09 PM »
Hi and welcome your not ranting but just getting out how you feel.  I think the problem with many of us is that we all care way to much about all matter of things, but try to appear strong tooo long until we break.  Keep posting and go back to GP your health is important
Poor is the person who takes pleasure out of the persecution of others