Author Topic: Hello everyone...  (Read 1067 times)

boo

Hello everyone...
« on: January 14, 2012, 11:30:57 AM »

...my name is Boo, and I'm a friend of Glen; we work together (although are both on sick leave at the mo).

He asked me to look at this site - to see if it could help me (primarily I think, because that's the way he is!), but also to see how you are all helping him - which is wonderful.

Like he said, I have had a tough few years recently, and, being quite a 'private person', have not spoken much about things; keeping most of it between myself and my diary. Writing that last sentence has made me think what a bloody good liar I have become; to be honest, I have had an unhappy life since about the age of 20, (I'm 50 this year - shoot, that's a LONG time!), but I think the last 3 knocked my coping mechanism for six: my poor sister died whist in hospital, as a result of an infection picked up following a minor investigative procedure, and, following years of thinking I was just scatty/clumsy, was investigated and diagnosed with M.S. three months after my poor sister. I have, I think, put quite a brave face on things; I still have my Mum and 'baby' (44!) sister who know, but don't know (if you know what I mean!) the full extent of my difficulties, and I'll be 'retired off 'from work in the not too distant future, which is sad, but unfortunately inevitable.

Saying all that, I think I am dealing fairly well with all that has/is happening to me - my outlook, probably partly due to Prozac, is "s*** happens, c'est la bloody vie". I feel strong, and by being able to help friends and family helps me. I don't know what the future holds; (but to be honest, do any of us?) so I'm just dealing with one day at a time. I have my pusscats, and they keep me sane. ^&^

What a long ramble!! Sorry, but hello anyway  :) 

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Hello everyone...
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 12:34:17 PM »
Hi and welcome boo :)

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Ezel

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 12:58:01 PM »
 .>, and as you're owned by cats you will fit in very well - I'm owned by one psycho cat called Tasha  ^&^ and I have two daft mutts called Chyna who is a rottweiler and Bruno who is a lurcher / border collie x but he looks more like a whippet  ^&* .   

Desperado99

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 06:47:58 PM »
Hi Boo  ;D

I'm a cat person too  ^&^

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 06:58:19 PM »
Hi Boo and welcome,

I have 2 cats too Basil and Boris also 2 dogs a black cocker spaniel called Jess and a liver and white english springer spaniel called Amber. 

I love them all to bits, have several other pets too.  Ye we are a crazy family lol.

S x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Lol

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 07:15:36 PM »
Welcom again Boo. I'm a cat lover, and occasional sharer of beer  ;)  $%$ (all will become clear)  ^&^ $%$

You have been going through a huge amount and to feel you are coping well and have a cest la vie attitude is highly commendable! We will help you as much as we can but may be you can share your secrets for coping with others too!

Take Care
Lol xx

Glen53

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 08:37:50 PM »
Hi Boo.

You have coped with so much over the years I have known you and Im glad youve posted on the forum for yourself. You have always put others before you and although you are coping well now, i know you have struggled a little at times. With all you are still going through, it may be useful to use the forum as and when you need a place to rant or gain support. The forum members here have kept me sane and been an invaulable help in keeping me going of late. As with your friendship, i dont know where I would be now without them.

I may appear biased but to all reading this post, but Boo really is one of lifes gems. She rarely complains (dont argue - you dont!) and still finds time for her friends around her despite the tough times that life has thrown at her. On top of this she is quite simply one of the most caring and competent nurses I have ever met. I know that might make you blush a bit Boo, but it is quite simply the truth - always treating your patients as people and not statisitcs. Those of you on here that work within the NHS will know how tough this can be. You are also one of the very few friends or collegues who came to see and support me when i lay ill in hospital before now. I have never, and will never forget this act of kindness as it helped in my recovery - a recovery I now feel confident in making again.

I dont mean to ebarrass you or make you feel uncomfortable as I know, much like me, you would rather people were not soppy and overly nice to you in public. I feel though that you need to know how much i respect you and how hard you have fought in recent times to hold it all together whilst keeping an eye on your friends.

You are quite simply amazing to both me and my wife Rachel and we both love you very much. Although I may not be able to fully understand all you are going through, we will both offer to stand with you through the tough times ahead should you need us, and the folk on this forum Im sure, will offer you the same.

&*(
Crazy like a fish.