Author Topic: New to this ! A question !  (Read 1707 times)

alancue

• Karma Group
New to this ! A question !
« on: January 05, 2012, 11:04:12 AM »
Hello,
 My name is Alan. New to the forum.
Looking for some guidance/help.I have been on citalopram for some time now and I thought it

Ezel

Re: New to this ! A question !
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 11:30:14 AM »
Hi Alan,

I've been taking citalopram for about a year now.  Before Christmas I suffered with a bout of severe depression so was under the crisis team.  The doctor I saw suggested that a change of medication may help me.  I haven't from him since so have to see my GP about it.

Pip

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 12:46:32 PM »
Hi Alan, I am on citralopram too, I was on fluorexitine but it stopped working for some reason, have you been back to your GP to say how you feel?
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

carrie_m

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 09:59:22 PM »
Hey Alan,
I first started on citralopram at 20mg, It wasnt helping me so my doctor put me up to 40mg, after a while on that I was still feeling the same, low mood and panic attacks so my doctor changed me to fluoxetine, I find this helps me better. My best advice is to see you're doctor and explain how you feel, each person is different and different anti-depressants work well and bad for different people, you have to find the one that you feel helps, I know it can be frustrating!  :-\

C x

alancue

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 07:36:20 PM »
Thanks for the replies. It feels good to be in touch with others in the same position. I work in a very macho environment and its SO difficult to hide all this .

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 07:28:15 AM »
it cant be easy :(

you will find everyone here very understanding and helpful with anything you feel you want to say or ask
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Glen53

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 08:38:17 AM »
Ive had quite a bit of time on citalapram, so I may be able to answer advise on my experiences if you need me to.

The Macho environment is thankfully one I have not had to deal with.
Crazy like a fish.