Author Topic: What has worked for you? How and why? Many thanks  (Read 3557 times)

pippapoppa

• Karma Group
What has worked for you? How and why? Many thanks
« on: December 19, 2011, 03:08:08 PM »
I would be really interested in knowing which of all the cures/remedies etc. have actually worked for people and how have they helped.  I feel as though I am turning in circles as to which direction to take.  Many thanks

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: What has worked for you? How and why? Many thanks
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 03:10:33 PM »
For me its a combination of medication (citralopram), couselling and allowing myself to rest as much as I can when my body/ brain needs to
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

lbruk

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 04:44:50 PM »
agree with Zaf, i think my medication balanced me enough to be able to accept help. The group psycotherapy got me into a place where i wasn't alone, and the one-to-one therapy really nailed the treatment as i had nowhere to run in the sessions! Group sessions are good, but i found if i didnt want to talk i didnt have to - i could hide - in one-to-one i cant do that!
L

lost rolex

• Karma Group
  • cognitive dissonance
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 10:50:10 PM »
That's what stresses me out about group work, one to one i can handle, my psychological adviser  ::) said i was not ready for cognitive therapy as he did't think i could handle the tasks.

the thing is i do not care enough or feel motivated to do anything, if my family ask for something i try to oblige we are full of fake but respectful responses in our house.

LR
Harmful intentions
particularly those involving deliberate acts exploitation, seem to cause longer-lasting and more painful emotional consequences than natural disasters. The crucial factor may be that such experiences destroys people’s trust in others, particularly if they involve someone you have depended on.