Author Topic: Citalopram and increased anxiety  (Read 4240 times)

Flea

• Karma Group
Citalopram and increased anxiety
« on: December 07, 2011, 08:54:45 PM »
I have been back on citalopram for a couple of weeks after being ok and coming off it for a while.

But now I feel completely wired, waking up feeling nauseous, extremely anxious and jittery, not able to cry.  Just feel like I can't let out the stress I'm feeling and am on adrenalin overload, yet tired at the same time.  I'm off work, but worried about feeling the same when I go back.

Before, it's not taken over 2 weeks for initial side effects to settle.  Am worried.   :-\

Maddie1

Re: Citalopram and increased anxiety
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 10:48:14 AM »
Hi Flea,

I know this is an old post, but I am hoping you are still out there somewhere.

I have been on Citalopram for two weeks now, and I have the same symptoms you describe.  I even wake up in the night feeling anxious and panicky - for absolutely no reason!

My depression symptoms are much better, and I no longer feel I just want to stay in bed and pull the covers over my head, but this feeling panicky and nervous all the time is starting to really bug me.  I feel I need to keep busy all the time to take my mind off it - I can't even settle to watch the TV.

I wonder if anyone else has had this, and, if so, what they did about it.

Chris

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Citalopram and increased anxiety
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 04:52:08 PM »
Flea, I was taking Citalopram for several months and I didn't suffer any side effects.  On the other side of the coin after a while it didn't help at all/  I haven't taken an antidepressant for about 9 months but my depression got severe again so I started Sertraline which I started a week ago.