Author Topic: Quetiapine  (Read 5149 times)

Got

• Karma Group
Quetiapine
« on: December 05, 2011, 11:15:22 PM »
For those with experience or knowledge of quetiapine, I'd be interested in hearing from you on this matter.

I'm a bit scared of taking it. It may knock me for six. I really don't need any futher sedation.  "£$

Holykimura

• Karma Group
Re: Quetiapine
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 03:46:59 PM »
Hi Steve I take it, 600mg a night it makes me extremely drowsy, butby taking it at night I suppose it helps me sleep. If you don't want further sedation you might want to steer clear of it.

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 06:35:16 PM »
I cannot imagine been on 600mg. Maybe I just responded badly. It sent my OCD through the roof, and yesterday and the day before, I was hypomanic.

I need to discuss this with my CPN.

Munchroom

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 11:25:51 AM »
I have just been prescribed it to help with my sleep and anxiety - 25mg at night  :-\ After reading your post Holykimura that seems like a tiny weeny amount - not holding out much hope that it will have a massive effect on the way I am feeling right now...
This too shall pass.

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 05:21:47 PM »

Let me know how you get along with it. Seems like an odd choice of medication for what it has been prescribed.

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 09:34:15 PM »
there's another thread on this further down, there's a bit of info in there.  no point in repeating myself
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Munchroom

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 02:39:22 PM »

Let me know how you get along with it. Seems like an odd choice of medication for what it has been prescribed.

Its made me feel even more drowsy in the daytime - other than that, nothing changed - but then it's only been 2 days!

Noticed in the other thread that weight gain is a very common side-effect. Great.
This too shall pass.

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 03:31:55 PM »

I felt a noticable difference after a tiny dose, I was much more alert all day, I was also irritable.

Does it help you sleep? X

Munchroom

• Karma Group
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 05:56:18 PM »
Getting to sleep isn't my problem - its the having 'relaxing' sleep. I could sleep for 12 hours straight and still feel as tired as when I went to bed! I dream a lot - well, more nightmares, so that doesnt help - but we've pretty much tried everything  :-\
This too shall pass.

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 08:51:38 PM »

Its made me feel even more drowsy in the daytime - other than that, nothing changed - but then it's only been 2 days!

Noticed in the other thread that weight gain is a very common side-effect. Great.

weight gain isn't a side effect, increased appetite is a side effect though
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.