Author Topic: anybody had any experience with lofepramine?  (Read 4178 times)

lou

• Karma Group
anybody had any experience with lofepramine?
« on: November 23, 2011, 07:59:30 PM »
I have been taking 220mg of lofepramine now for about 3 months may be a little longer, my memory is not great! just wondered if anyone else takes it and how they are getting on with it? :)

Munchroom

• Karma Group
Re: anybody had any experience with lofepramine?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 04:56:52 PM »
I took it for a few months around this time last year....

It certianly wasn't the worst AD I have taken, it did make me feel pretty disconnected for long perods of time though which is why I chose to come off of it...

How are you getting on with it? x
This too shall pass.

lou

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 06:49:24 PM »
ok i think, although i have had bouts of feeling quite depressed still. i think my psychiatrist is thinking of changing it due to my recent bout of feeling very depressed.
do you mind me asking which a.d you take now? :)

Munchroom

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 07:16:47 PM »
I'm currently coming off of Venlafaxine... not had the best of experiences with that (the Lofepramine was better!!) and I take 300mg of Trazadone Hydrochoride spread out throughout the day to supposedly keep my anxiety at bay and help me sleep at night.... can't honestly say its doing either very well at the moment  ::) I'm seeing my doctor in the morning so I'm hoping now that the Venlafaxine is coming out of my system, we can look at other options. I've been trying different types of medication for the last 15 months though, so.... feeling a bit hopeless about it to be honest.

I can't remember what dosage of Lofepramine I was on... Perhaps a slight increase of dose might be better other than changing to anouther AD? Xx
This too shall pass.

lou

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 08:38:41 PM »
yep no how you feel i have tried lots of different anti depressants over the years, not sure if any of them really work do you? anyway i'm waiting on having some psychotherapy but the waiting list is up to a year! in the meantime i still see my psychiatrist on a regular basis and am now having a psychiatric nurse visit me weekly at home - i think for some support until the psychotherapy comes through. i am looking forward (i think) to some talking therapy, hoping this will help where the a.ds havent. although i say this i havent been able to share anything on the forum yet about my life find talking/telling people about it very difficult. :-X :)