Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 2906 times)

Archive

Hello all
« on: August 02, 2009, 09:15:32 PM »
munrodave  Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:44 pm 

Hello there, just thought I'd introduce myself.
My name's David, I'm 35 and single, currently living in the Midlands.

I was first properly diagnosed with depression in 2007, after suffering for a while, and trying to cope as best I could.
I was prescribes Fluoxitine , and that seemed to help a bit, and I was on it for about 8 months.
I did feel better for a while, but just recently I have not been feeling so good, and am afraid that the depression may be returning, though some days are better than others, and it has not stopped me working or leading a relatively normal life.
The thing is, I just feel unhappy quite a lot, and get a bit fed up with things, though I try not to let it show too much.
Another problem is that I can't talk about it much, as most folk don't understand the condition, don't take you seriously, and cannot really help very much.
I never told a lot of folk about it before, especially at work, in case it was held against me.

Sometimes I feel that I'm doing lots of stuff for other folk, but not getting a great deal in return...

Anyway, I look forward to reading some of your posts and giving what support I can.

screamer

Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 09:43:17 AM »
Your last line.......

DITTO!!! xx