Author Topic: Started self harming  (Read 7481 times)

bella

• Karma Group
Started self harming
« on: September 13, 2012, 07:21:21 PM »
Hi.

I have recently started to self harm, it is not something that is new to me. Years ago I did it and also have lived with someone that has done it.

When I cut myself I feel a slight relief, I usually do it when I am very wound up, had an argument with my husband or feeling very depressed.

Stacey

• Karma Group
Re: Started self harming
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 10:15:31 PM »
Hi Bella,

It sounds like you're in a similar situation to me. I first done this maybe 7-8 years ago and although it disappeared for a few years it returned once I realised I was depressed.

I understand how it makes you feel. Its like a release to everything you're feeling. I would suggest going to your doctor if you haven't already. I found it really difficult to tell her so had to take my sister along to make sure I did.

If you ever want to talk let me know xx

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
  • Rest in peace 27th Noverber 2012
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 02:16:11 AM »
Dear Bella, despite the normal profiles, I am a 54 year old bloke, and I have had periods of cutting myself. I also have a friend who does the same, but not for the same reasons. She believes that she is letting the badness out of herself. I think that mine is an attempt to show how I'm feeling when I'm not feeling able to talk about things. It is important to try to talk about it, as Stacey has said, and if you CAN find support, it may be a bit easier to talk about how you are feeling. I have found the forums here a safe place to talk about bad thoughts and feelings. I hope that you may find the same safety. Best wishes. (Sorry I used the word feelings so many times in 1 post!)

bella

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 06:15:42 AM »
Thanks.

I am seeing my doctor on Monday. I feel comfortable talking to him as he knows all about me as I have been seeing him since I was born.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 08:08:01 AM »
I do hope your Dr can help %^%. S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Stacey

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 11:10:27 PM »
I hope your appointment went okay Bella. Xxx

bella

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 06:30:24 AM »
My appointment went ok, thank u Stacey. He has kept me on what I am already on but said he next time I go and see him he will change my meds.

Stacey

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 09:18:06 AM »
That's good news. Hopefully this will help you move away from self harm xx