Author Topic: Writing it down  (Read 6485 times)

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Writing it down
« on: October 27, 2011, 12:35:57 PM »
Ive started writing things down as they come into my mind; not a diary but worries, thoughts, anything really - Ive found it helps in a lot of ways, but mostly to stop my mind whirring round and round with the same old rubbish, once its written down I can look at it, add comments etc but it does seem to help it stay out of my mind too much and one of the big problems I have with depression is my mind going into overtime about things so it seems to help :)
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Raindrops

• Karma Group
Re: Writing it down
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 12:00:42 AM »
That's a really good technique :) I might try it

dlg78

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 10:33:21 AM »
Ive started writing things down as they come into my mind; not a diary but worries, thoughts, anything really - Ive found it helps in a lot of ways, but mostly to stop my mind whirring round and round with the same old rubbish, once its written down I can look at it, add comments etc but it does seem to help it stay out of my mind too much and one of the big problems I have with depression is my mind going into overtime about things so it seems to help :)

I might try that Zaf, seems like a good idea!

winter

• Karma Group
    • songs from lost voices
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 10:56:38 PM »
Keepng notes is a fab idea. i have been doing it for years. Its also handy when seeing the doctor, if you cannot find the words, handing them your notes its great way of getting how you feel across.
Its also a good way of making your self see that you have good and bad days. Looking back two years i think now. You know? i am not so bad now.

dayofwomen

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 09:54:42 PM »
Try writing down a blessing you're thankful for each day..it helps put things into perspective, and also helps you focus on the positives :)

Jae

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 10:02:25 PM »

I might try that Zaf, seems like a good idea!

It's especially good to do that at night-time when everything is going around in your mind and you can't get to sleep because of it .. it's a good idea to keep a notepad and pen on your bedside table, just to make a note of things that come into your mind that you can't get rid of or things you suddenly remember you need to do and you're worried you will forget by the next morning.  That way, at least in the case of worrying about forgetting things you need to do, once it's written down you don't have to think about it anymore.

Liv

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 09:06:53 PM »
I totally agree with you Zaf. For me my mind going into overdrive is a big part of what makes me feel unhappy or depressed (and this is probably true with a lot or depressed people, we tend to live in our heads and can't look at things objectively). Writing down my feelings is a way of releasing the negative energy I think. Hence, all my ranting in my journal!! I hope that it can help you as much as it has been helping me recently. xx

emmietaylor

• Karma Group
    • Emmies Project 365
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 10:20:51 AM »
That is such a good idea i might start writing it down how I feel
keep try to succeed in life and stop thinking negatively.
Keep strong and carry on!
No I won't give up, not I won't break down and I will be strong.
I miss you nana RIP sweetheart nana

http://project365emmie.blogspot.com/

seaflower

• Karma Group
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 09:56:37 PM »
I totally agree and I have done this from time to time and kept it my diary. When I look back these diaries, it has emerged a similar pattern of my thinking.
!
I have been trapped myself in habitual thinking/behavior, and then got even more depressed. So I need to remind myself repeatedly -tell myself " don't think that's way - I've gone back to the viscous circle again". I feel this is all about habit - identify your bad habit then replace them by good habit.

when I write down my feeling, even half way through, I realise that "mmm...? I did write this before...?" so it made me aware that I am repeating the same habit again. Well, so I think this is a good way of developing self-awareness skill   

Also visiting this site is remedy for me. When I visit this site and reading people's ideas, experience and got support from others, I feel safe and sense of togetherness. This is really good site and many thanks.