Author Topic: Really dont need this  (Read 3191 times)

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Really dont need this
« on: August 12, 2011, 08:08:35 PM »
 social services are supposed to go in twice a day to help mother in law and get her meals plus get the insulin out of the fridge for her (she is very severely arthritic, has a heart condition and is diabetic), today they did not turn up at all, OH has now dashed over to his mum after working an 11 hour day to get her something to eat and get her insulin sorted.

I am so angry, what if we lived 100 miles away or were on holiday?  This is the second time this has happened, I'm beginning to wonder if one day we will simply find out that she has gone into a coma or died because they havent gone when they are supposed to. Complaints dont seem to make any difference, the company providing the 'care' simply doesnt care. >:D

This really isnt helping my anxiety and depression one little bit :(
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

cornish

• Karma Group
Re: Really dont need this
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 09:18:06 PM »
really feel for you as my granddad is seriously ill and is suppose to have a carer every day, they rarely turn up luckily my nan is still able to do most things for him but his oxygen machine thing is too heavy for her and so are the bottles if he needs them. luckily i pass there every day, i feel bad if i dont go in, even though they say its ok.
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 09:25:32 PM »
They're lucky you can go in, and although they say its OK I'm sure they really appreciate you keeping an eye on them. 

I really do despair at social services attitude, we had the same problem with them when my dad was terminally ill, no wonder family and friends get ill and depressed trying to cope and fight for social services to do what they are supposed to do.

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 10:36:46 PM »
yeah there a bit useless, so is the community nurse that he has, its a disgrace.
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Munchroom

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 10:56:10 PM »
 &*( Oh my lovely - you really don't need this right now!

It frustrates me so much when people who are supposed to work in the care industry, simply don't 'care'. Doing my job I see a lot of incidents where I have to bite my tongue (no one is getting hurt in these instance's, then, even I, would not be biting my tongue!) But the brash attitude that some 'carers' have really gets to me - care isn't a well paid industry and its certainly not glamorous, so why do it if you have that sort of attitude?!

Is there a head person in charge - perhaps not affiliated with your particular branch?

xx
This too shall pass.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 10:12:17 AM »
It seems that the office running things didnt bother to tell the carer that MIL was insulin dependent and they had to make sure they got there at lunchtime, the carers are supposed to get her a hot meal midday and get her insulin out of the fridge so she can have the jab half an hour after her meal, they are also supposed to prepare a cold meal for her to eat in the evening.  Its a wonder she wasnt taken ill before OH got there  >:D

FIL eventually got home after 7pm after apparently going half way round the county dropping other people off.  OH got called out on an emergency breakdown at 7am this morning so he will end up having to go round this afternoon to check all is OK.