Author Topic: SI how do i explain scars, possibly triggering  (Read 29814 times)

cornish

• Karma Group
Re: SI how do i explain scars, possibly triggering
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2011, 07:57:37 PM »
really struggling to keep going, low doesn't come close to expressing how i feel
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Lol

• Karma Group
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2011, 11:50:50 PM »
I'm sorry Cornish this is very difficult. you are in a place that you can not escape from and you can't believe how you have ended up in it as you have made progress recently. You will recover from how you feel. It wont always be like this. You will get through this. It will be different. you will get back to your point of progress and you will make further progress. Thank you for how you have been able to support others as you have been coping with your own difficulties. You are truly an inspiration.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2011, 08:52:17 AM »
keep fighting cornish,  you have been so very strong and given me inspiration to fight my own depression, we are all with you and help you  &*(
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Depina

• Karma Group
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2011, 01:16:09 PM »
Yes Zaf is right, you are an inspiration  />.
Keep strong
Love Di XXXX

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2011, 09:13:51 PM »
thanks guys n gals, i dont really see my self in that way but being told it makes me feel a tiny bit better about my self
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

lost rolex

• Karma Group
  • cognitive dissonance
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2012, 09:19:28 PM »
I can really understand wanting to be rid of or punish a part of you that niggles you like that, but then of course injuring or removing the offending part is going to make it even more obvious there is a problem with it.

I dont know the answer to be truthful, a friend of mine that SI could sometimes stop herself by putting her hands in a bowl of ice cubes but not sure if that would help?

i often hurt myself by slamming my back against the corner of a brick wall, start off a bit gentle then build up a rocking motion pushing myself off, i don't hit my head as that still works, till the pain is throbbing, sick to death of this crap body, i so long to be back where i was, i also thump my legs i am quite powerful in the arm area and sometimes i think i am going to break bones doing it, these bits of me don't work anymore but i have to drag them round with me, never thought of it as self harming, but i guess i have been enlightened.

Thanks LR
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 09:22:48 PM by lost rolex »
Harmful intentions
particularly those involving deliberate acts exploitation, seem to cause longer-lasting and more painful emotional consequences than natural disasters. The crucial factor may be that such experiences destroys people’s trust in others, particularly if they involve someone you have depended on.