Author Topic: Peter Sutcliffe's brother urges Yorkshire Ripper's wife to share what ....  (Read 1597 times)

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/peter-sutcliffes-brother-urges-yorkshire-23581949?utm_source=mirror_newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_morning_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

Peter Sutcliffe's brother urges Yorkshire Ripper's wife to share what happened to will

EXCLUSIVE: Mick Sutcliffe claims he has been kept in the dark on the will since his brother, who killed 13 women in a reign of terror, died of Covid last November

By Sam Yule & Lucy Thornton

20:00, 28 FEB 2021Updated20:02, 28 FEB 2021

The Yorkshire Ripper’s brother has appealed to the serial killer’s former wife Sonia to tell him what ­happened to the will he left.  Mick Sutcliffe claims he has been kept in the dark since murderer Peter’s death from Covid-19 age 74 last November.  Sonia still owns their marital home and was given the power of attorney. Sutcliffe was reported to have had an interest in half the house, now said to be worth £250,000.  Mick said: “I appeal to Sonia to please tell us what is happening with the will. I’m not after any money, Peter may have left something for me that he wants me to have.  I would like to know what’s going on and whether there is anything I should be knowing.  “I’ve not spoken to Sonia in 40 years. Since Peter became ill we have not heard anything from her.  When Peter was ill and dying the prison said they couldn’t tell us anything, despite me being in contact with Peter every week when we spoke on the phone on a Monday.  As Sonia was the point of contact it should have been up to her to be passing on information. Instead, we are left to find ­everything out from the news.  I want her to speak to us about his affairs, there may be other things I should be knowing, and for her to know what she’s doing to us. I have a right to know. I am Peter’s brother.  Forty years ago Peter told me I could have his Rover 3.5 but the police scrapped it so I didn’t get a look in with that. But it does show you that he wanted me to have something of his.  What he did was horrific. I’m not sure many will have much sympathy, but his family didn’t do anything wrong and we have had our own punishment.”

Sutcliffe, who changed his name to Peter William Coonan, was cremated at an undisclosed location. The funeral cost the Prison Service £3,000.  His cell at HMP Frankland was cleared of his possessions including his paintings, letters, DVDs and books.  But Mick, of Bingley, West Yorks who is housebound with lung disease has no idea where they are. The Ripper’s family said the home he shared with Sonia in Bradford had a room full of his paintings.  Some featured war scenes with the killer riding a horse. A collection of his works and pottery are unaccounted for.  Former lorry driver Sutcliffe killed 13 women during his reign of terror in the late 70s.  He was finally caught in 1981 and jailed for life. Diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic, Sutcliffe was transferred to Broadmoor Hospital in 1984. In 2016 he was declared mentally fit and sent to ­Frankland.