Author Topic: Trust  (Read 10789 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Trust
« on: July 28, 2020, 04:11:03 PM »
I've always had major trust issues and the three people I trusted the most have all known that right from the start and promised me I could trust them.  I slowly built up that trust in them over many years only for each one of those people to slash that trust in the last couple of years, so I'm right back to square one again and I know now, more than ever, that I will never trust anyone again.
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Trust
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 06:23:19 PM »
Sending you plenty of these  :hug: and I honestly understand where you are coming from.  For me it was my mum who destroyed my trust and I had the attitude if I couldn't her how could I trust anybody.  Maybe if my mum had apologised to me and explained her actions towards me when I was 19 maybe I could have learned to trust again.

What doesn't help me much atm is a friend hasn't been completely honest with me, my husband and another friend over health issues as an example.  We only found out the extent of what was going on when this friend was in hospital and we dropped off a friend to visit him while we took ourselves off to our health club.  When we let the friend know we were on the way to pick her up she sounded upset.  To cut a long story short not only did we find out that the other friend had taken medication without letting the nurses know so had had to go back to theatre because it caused a bleed he had brought up about aa DNR with the nurses.  It was the first time we heard about the DNR form which the friend can't remember where it is - we were asked to look for it.  We were very upset because if something happened in the operation the friend had the day before and the hospital rang us as we're down as next of kin we would have said do what they could to keep our friend alive.  As it turned out we didn't need to look for it but I found paperwork while trying to find the form we found out the true extent of what's been going on with him.  Even though the friend has lost my trust this person knows I still care and has been very good to us over the years.

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: Trust
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 11:59:43 AM »
Thank you for sharing that with us, Pip.  I still care about the people who have broken my trust and still want them in my life for sure, but I will never trust them or anyone else ever again.
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.