Author Topic: Yesterday  (Read 5287 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Yesterday
« on: May 26, 2020, 10:01:29 AM »
For two decades I've been too physically disabled to walk very far.

I bought a Fitbit at the end of September last year and even then it was a struggle to meet the app minimum of 2500 steps during the week, other than on "marathon Monday" walks with Mitzi where we do almost double the length we do during the rest of the week.  When I started hitting the minimum regularly I was determined to walk 5000 steps on a Monday and 2500 steps the other 6 days.  I regularly hit that after 6 weeks so pushed myself to do 7500 steps on a Monday and 5000 the rest of the week, just before the lockdown, which was a huuuuuge struggle, but I've pushed myself to do 10,000 steps on a Monday ever since and yesterday... drum roll please...

I DID IT!!!!!   :excited:

Not just by a couple of steps, but by 256 steps!!!

My legs are wobbly and painful now, so it won't be a regular thing for a while but I DID IT!!!

Next barrier to aim for is 11,000 steps but, like with the 10k there's no time limit, I'm just gonna gradually increase my steps until I reach it... it's taken me 8 months to reach the 10k so maybe a month or so to reach the 11k?

So unbelievably proud of myself right now though, just gotta let my body recover for a while now   :happy0158:
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 05:51:19 PM »
 :yay: :party0038: That's amazing, we have found it easier to do good, long walks when we are on holidays than on normal days and we've struggled since lockdown.  You have well and truly shown us up for that  :biggrin: but I will be much happier when health clubs and leisure centres are open again.  Although I am a bit restricted from doing weights due to arthritis I can manage the cardiovascular machines - bike, cross trainer etc and I like swimming.  I was doing Swim22 for Diabetes UK but had to stop because of lockdown.  The end date was the 22nd of May but now it's the 22 August provided our club is open well before then.

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: Yesterday
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 09:38:24 AM »
Our routine hasn't really changed since lockdown but I've been making a more determined effort to move more and a few laps of our back yard definitely helped me to reach the 10k steps on Monday - my legs have been complaining ever since though lol

Keep going, Pip... I dunno about you, but taking Mitzi out every day really improves my mood, so just keep doing your best and you'll achieve everything you set out to do!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.