Author Topic: Girl, 13, found dead at the farm after 'concern for her welfare'  (Read 1796 times)

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-tragedy-13-year-old-21894396?utm_source=mirror_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Mirror12at23&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter

The girl was pronounced dead at the scene near Buckfastleigh Devon and Cornwall Police have confirmed they are not treating the teenager's death as suspicious

ByGayle McDonald
Danya Bazaraa Senior News Reporter

10:06, 20 APR 2020Updated11:29, 20 APR 2020

A 13-year-old girl has been found dead at a farm in Devon.  Police have confirmed that officers were called to a farm near Buckfastleigh on Monday, April 13 after concerns for the welfare of a teenager.  Sadly the girl was pronounced dead at the scene. A quad bike was discovered nearby.  Police have said they are not treating the girl's death as suspicious.  The full circumstances surrounding the incident will be investigated by a coroner at a later date.  A spokesperson for Devon and Cornwall Police told Devon Live: "Police were called to a farm near Buckfastleigh at around 7 pm on Monday 13 April following a report of concern for the welfare of a teenager.  Sadly, upon arrival, a 13-year-old girl was pronounced dead.  A quad bike was located nearby.  "Police are not treating her death as suspicious and a file is being prepared for the coroner."

Tributes have been paid online with many offering condolences to the girl's family.  "So dreadfully sad my thoughts are with her family," one said.

Another wrote: "So sad- rest in peace sweetheart."

"How very sad in these already difficult times, I’m very sorry for their loss," another added.

One of the other comments said: "I'm so sorry to read this, sending my love and thoughts to all her family and friends xx."