Author Topic: Don't get me wrong here, but...  (Read 5351 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Don't get me wrong here, but...
« on: February 13, 2019, 08:08:42 PM »
We've got a rescued senior puppy that I walk and feed every morning. 

Most days I'm fine with that, as long as I don't go over 400% a day with her.

My ankles start to swell up at 450% but I can get away with still wearing me socks and boots, just about, until I take them off and crawl into bed.

We did 550% this morning and my ankles are now so swollen that there is a deep groove around the fitness tracker that has caused 4 deep grooves into my ankle, my socks are digging in and my boots are too tight to wear now.

It's bad enough that I'm unsteady on my feet and walk with a quad cane even on my best days, but now that I'm over 40 I get swollen ankles too!  I'm only just middle-aged so why can't it sneak up on me gently instead of hitting me like a tonne of bricks?

I want to make 500% a day our new normal, but I really don't want swollen ankles every day as a result of it!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Don't get me wrong here, but...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 08:52:44 PM »
Have you seen your GP about this?

I have suffered with water retention for many years so know how uncomfortable it is to have swollen ankles.  The best advice I can give is to have your ankles elevated after the walks, it does help but can be a bit of slow remedy at times. 

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: Don't get me wrong here, but...
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 06:27:01 AM »
Have you seen your GP about this?

I have suffered with water retention for many years so know how uncomfortable it is to have swollen ankles.  The best advice I can give is to have your ankles elevated after the walks, it does help but can be a bit of slow remedy at times.

Thank you Pip.  It was just a temporary thing because yesterday we did 850% ( :o ) with no swollen ankles at all, thankfully!!  Hoping for 1000% either today or tomorrow, which'll definitely have to be in two parts lol
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.