Author Topic: Vision Express  (Read 5067 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Vision Express
« on: June 06, 2018, 04:17:01 PM »
I used to be a customer of Optical Express (or whoever they were before they closed down 3 years ago) and I thought they were great, so I was a bit peed off when they closed down but decided to try their main competitor instead.

Three years later and they have got a regular customer in me now!

Just had me sight tested again and there's a slight change in my left eye and I was dreading how much it was going to set me back - £25 just for the sight test left me with £75 for new frames and the (really strong unfortunately) lenses... I was thinking it'd set me back several hundred minimum so wasn't looking forward to it.

£27 later and I've had my vision tested, new frames and lenses included!   :o

Total awesomesauce!     :excited:

They'll call or text me when me glasses are ready, which the optician said would be under 2 weeks which is a lot faster than their competitor was too (almost a month between the test and getting the new lenses sorted) so I is a happy, relieved bunny right now!

The NHS paid 30p (not a typo) because the lenses are so strong too!

They are very thorough right from the start so don't expect to be out in 10 minutes, especially if it's your first appointment with them 'cos it'll be half an hour minimum but it's so worth it!

Just the frames alone were going to set me back £85 and add to that the £25 for the test and that's over £100 without the new lenses so I've paid just over the test price and got new frames and lenses for free!

This sight thing is expensive when it doesn't work, but to be able to put almost £75 back into my account is so worth it when it means I can see!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Vision Express
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 11:06:33 PM »
I fell out with Vision Express a couple of years ago as I knew my sight was getting worse but as I wasn't diabetic if my vision hadn't got worse they were going to charge me for the eye test.  I was allowed a free test every two years and this was only a year later. 

Now I use Spec Savers and as I'm diabetic my eyes are tested once a year.  It's thanks to them I found out last year that I have an early stage cataract in my left eye so it's weaker and I need a stronger lens for that eye.  Normally I get my glasses free but as I get fed up of changing glasses I've got reacterlights (sp) which costs £70.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 04:36:40 PM »
I fell out with Vision Express a couple of years ago as I knew my sight was getting worse but as I wasn't diabetic if my vision hadn't got worse they were going to charge me for the eye test.  I was allowed a free test every two years and this was only a year later. 

Now I use Spec Savers and as I'm diabetic my eyes are tested once a year.  It's thanks to them I found out last year that I have an early stage cataract in my left eye so it's weaker and I need a stronger lens for that eye.  Normally I get my glasses free but as I get fed up of changing glasses I've got reacterlights (sp) which costs £70.

I'm so sorry you didn't have a good experience with Vision Express, Pip!  I went to pick up my glasses first thing and I only had the test 3 days ago!

Sorry you've got a cataract in your eye... is there anything they can do to remove it or is it just a case of waiting and hoping it doesn't get worse?

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 09:57:50 PM »
It's a case of just waiting as it's not affecting my left eye apart from being a bit weaker than my right eye.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 11:44:13 AM »
It must have been so scary when they told you that though!  Is there no way to remove it so that it doesn't ruin your sight?  I read something about that online is all... it's better to be diagnosed early and get it taken out so that your sight isn't permanently damaged rather than waiting until the last minute and your sight is screwed then!   :chin: