Author Topic: You'd think, after 1.5 *decades*...  (Read 4536 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
You'd think, after 1.5 *decades*...
« on: January 19, 2018, 06:53:10 PM »
Just taken my last Citalopram.

The pharmacy delivered my AP yesterday and said that the manufacturer didn't make lactose free 40mg Citalopram pills any more, even though I've been taking them since 2003 so they delivered only the AP.

I s'pose I'll see how good or bad I feel without any ADs in my system soon!  I'll be able to tell the nurse on Monday how I'm starting to feel without it and not even a hint of reduction, just straight from 40mg to nothing.

I'll just have to make sure I religiously take the multi every morning and use my B12 spray whenever I need it too... it'll be a shock to the system after taking it for so long, but this will show me for definite one way or the other if I still need it or not.

I just wish that the pharmacy had realised by now that I'm a regular customer and I need the AD and AP every month and they'd have known since 2003 that I'm allergic to dairy too!

Ho hum!

:bash:
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

lostmyway

• Karma Group
Re: You'd think, after 1.5 *decades*...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 11:36:40 AM »
I've been taking Escitalopram for around 9 years, it's tricky to wean off it.   Easy to go on, er not so easy to get off. They really should be more informative about what the potential side-effects are and how difficult it is to come off it again.

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: You'd think, after 1.5 *decades*...
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 11:57:14 AM »
You are so right, Lost!  Other than the anger and occasional suicidal feelings, I haven't felt too bad thankfully!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.