Author Topic: St. John's Wort  (Read 4218 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
St. John's Wort
« on: January 21, 2018, 12:52:34 PM »
Has anyone got any experience of taking St. John's Wort please?  I rely on an Anti-Psychotic to keep me on an even keel too.  Are they safe to take together or not please?

I know you're not medical bods and can't make medical decisions and stuff... I was forced to stop the Citalopram a couple of days ago because the manufacturer doesn't make a lactose free version any more.  I'm feeling OK right now, I just want something available for my SAD in the darker months and stuff is all.

I'm seeing a nurse for an NHS health check tomorrow so I'll ask him/her then (assuming I remember), but, in theory, is SJW OK to take alongside the Olanzapine please?

If it is, I already know where I'm going to get it from, and a year's supply from this place is 3 months worth of prescription payments is all (It's about £20 for a years supply of SJW as opposed to £8 per month of prescription pills).

Assuming I take the SJW, is it better to take in the morning or evening please?  Either way is totally cool and groovy, but I take me supplements in the morning and my prescription at night is all.

Fank oo!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.