Author Topic: OAP internet virgins  (Read 1700 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
OAP internet virgins
« on: July 23, 2015, 08:36:29 PM »
There's a programme on the telly atm that Steve's recording (and watching the cricket instead) about pensioners being taught how to use the internet by children.

Steve made some sort of comment about it not going well 'cos they are 2 generations apart and I retorted with something I'd seen online a few weeks back that kids and teens should show more respect... the parents and grandparents changed their nappies and taught them to use the toilet so is it really so hard to answer their questions about the internet that wasn't even heard of when they (the OAPs) were kids!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: OAP internet virgins
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 12:38:56 PM »
I missed that and had wanted to see it.  One of my nieces helped us after we got our first PC - after we put it together I had managed to load up the discs as this was back in 1998 when people had to do that.  We had been frightened to go on some things and there were things we didn't even realize were on it.  She was great and we appreciated the help. 

It's a good way to give children a bit of responsibility and a way to teach them to treat their elders with respect while teaching them.

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: OAP internet virgins
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 05:44:53 PM »
I missed that and had wanted to see it.  One of my nieces helped us after we got our first PC - after we put it together I had managed to load up the discs as this was back in 1998 when people had to do that.  We had been frightened to go on some things and there were things we didn't even realize were on it.  She was great and we appreciated the help. 

It's a good way to give children a bit of responsibility and a way to teach them to treat their elders with respect while teaching them.

You are so right, Pip!  Hopefully it'll be on TV in a few months instead of on Cable!   :happy0158:
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.