Author Topic: 99 is an OCD number for me  (Read 5815 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
99 is an OCD number for me
« on: May 11, 2015, 07:27:03 PM »
I've got OCD.

Had it for over a decade.

Numbers are my biggest OCD thing.

99 is a positive OCD number for me so I can go to bed happy and I made a post this morning at 11.00 and 30 seconds.  Any time like that is an OCD time for me.  12.34 and 56 seconds is the ultimate time for me... are there any other OCDers that are like me with numbers please?

Safety is another OCD thing for me... I have to open and close a door twice "to make sure the door is closed properly" and there can't be anything around plug sockets or laptop batteries and I refuse to leave the heater in the bedroom on overnight or even when I'm not in the room "in case it catches fire"

Am I the only one doing things like that?

Edited to correct the time
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 07:31:00 PM by Amanda_George »
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: 99 is an OCD number for me
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 02:43:39 PM »
Nope I've a problem with OCD and it drives Rick mad at times. 

I have to put my left sock / compression stockings / footwear on first and that applies to trousers / track suit bottoms / skirts as well. 

13 has always been a good number for me including Friday 13th.

I have to line tins from the back to front and starting on the right first.

Books go in alphabet order of authors.

Music by artist.

Dvds in film order.

When I lock a door I have to go back to it to double check it's locked.

The lunch club I do on Tuesdays and Thursdays the drinking glasses have to be put in rows from left to right and smaller glasses inside the larger ones.  I get teased about that particularly when I've gone to the cupboard to re-arrange them.  Even the crockery has to be just so otherwise I start re-arranging.

Clothes in the wardrobe have to be in the order of dresses to the right, followed trousers, blousers and finally skirts.  Rick's clothes start with trousers to the left, jeans, track suit bottoms and finally shirts.

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: 99 is an OCD number for me
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 03:32:25 PM »
I'm a lot better than I used to be, but I just can't get rid of the numbers!  It's good to know I'm not the only person with OCD here!

I hate to admit it, but money is the same too and Steve used to make fun of me for it, but that's calmed down now since he's realised how anxious I get about it... I've been known to move literally pennies between bank accounts to get 123 or 75 or something like that!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.