Author Topic: Bad Day....Grrrr  (Read 2720 times)

JC

• Karma Group
Bad Day....Grrrr
« on: November 27, 2013, 08:10:41 PM »
The morning bus was late so I got to work after 9.00.

All was as normal until 9.30 when phone calls started coming in from colleagues asking me to do checks for them. I politely explained that they have access to exactly the same information as I have so there is no reason they cannot do the checks themselves. One of the cheeky persons said "yeah but I am really busy", I managed to stay clam and told him that we are all very busy and we certainly do not have the time and resources to do stuff they should be doing themselves. I also said, not a little sarcastically, that in the time we had spent arguing about who should do it he could have the work himself  ::)

Then lots of calls from people asking for stuff that we do not deal with, again politely, I explained this and asked if they had the number for the team they needed. They said "yes but we can't get through so thought we would ring you", stayed calm and told them to keep trying!!! I don't work in a call centre but it has felt like it recently, feel like answering the phone and saying " whilst we are here to help, we do not have the answer to everything".

Finally got to the end of the day and was walking through town to get the bus. THEN some silly girls were acting the goat in front of me, one of them throwing her arms about hit me in the chest and said "watch where you're going you f-ing idiot. Don't know how I kept calm at that one but went and got the bus. THEN took ages to get out of the city centre, road works, and it took me two and a half hours to get home. Not a happy bunny.

RANT OVER!