Author Topic: voice in the wilderness  (Read 2317 times)

Pen

voice in the wilderness
« on: September 16, 2013, 08:38:01 PM »
Hi all
I am new to this forum and thought I would introduce myself
I am a single mum of two older children one is 21 and the other 18 and just starting University
I have suffered from depression since 2006 when the stress of my life and work finally took their toll. I was diagnosed in 2008 by a fabulous GP who has done her best to look after me ever since. In 2009 I was referred to the psychiatric services and in early 2010 I had the first of three stays in hospital.
Earlier this year the psych services decided that I had been with them long enough and that there was little more that they could do to help me and stepped down my support. I get contact from my care coordinators about once every 6 weeks. (I have two, one of which is CPN)
I have not been able to deal with work since 2009 but I went back to college and am currently studying a degree in Art.

I am suicidal and plan to kill myself at the end of the month.

I have tried to get an appointment to see my GP but she is fully booked for the next two weeks.
The last time I spoke to my care coordinator he was not interested in how I was. The last time I spoke to the CPN and told him I was suicidal he told me to sort myself out.

and thats my story...

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: voice in the wilderness
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 02:18:04 PM »
Hi Pen and welcome,

I'm sorry nobody has responded to you.  We moved yesterday and now is the first time I have been able to get online thanks to friend. 

I'm also sorry that you're not getting any support either.  The simple fact that you are suicidal should concern the CPN so it isn't helpful that you've been told to sort yourself out.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 02:28:11 PM »
Hi Pen, sorry to hear of your situation, it isnt good that you have been droped by your psych services, you could try and see if there is a MIND office in your area, i have been with them now for quite a while, and my support worker is great.

your care coordinator / CPN both sound hopeless, with little understanding of depression and how it impacts on even the simplest of daily lives.

im sure you will find many people here who can offer support and advice, and give you a rundown of any medication and side effects.
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

Pen

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 04:51:41 PM »
Thanks for your replies I had given up hope of anyone replying. I had a look on the mind site and there is no office close by, closest is about an hour away.
I tried to call my CPN yesterday and today but apparently he is on a course. I also tried to get an appointment with my backup GP but he is out till Friday. I hope to get to talk to a doctor then.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 12:41:57 PM »
Hi pen, while none of us are doctors, in one way or another we all understand depression,  so you can ask things on here and get a sesponce from people who are going through or have been through one or another form of depression.
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

craig84

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 01:59:08 PM »
Hey Pen and welcome.... Excuse the delay in my posting I have had my own battles ongoing recently.....

Id agree with Pip and Stewart.... this site has helped me to no end. even if you use it as a means to an end until you get to the doctors or get somewhere with being treated... maybe if things are that desperate there may be a walk in centre somewhere or possible a trip to hospital mental health unit would be worth a visit. if you don't feel that you are getting th right help anywhere then a sternly wrote letter to your local pm may spark some form of help...

I hope you find some coping mechanisms to help you... were here if you need to vent.

take care XxX
”It’s always down to you and the choices you make. Work on the things you can change and never dwell on the things you can’t. You choose… ‘results’ or ‘excuses’ it’s always down to YOU… no one has ever given their BEST and regretted it. GO HARD NO EXCUSES.”